The HSBC Platinum Qantas credit card
Introducing the HSBC Platinum Qantas credit card
Bonus 20,000 points^ when you apply, are approved and make an eligible purchase within three months of applying.
- Two points per $1 spent on eligible purchases* overseas including online transactions
- One point per $1 spent on eligible purchases* in Australia
- Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year~
- Plus, 0% p.a balance transfer for six months from non-HSBC credit cards (reverting to the cash advance rate)#
- Annual fee $199
- Additional cardholder fee $0
Available to new, approved customers who apply for the HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card by 30 June 2014 and make an eligible purchase within three months.
Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162 Australian Credit Licence 232595. HSBC is the offerer, issuer and administrator of this card and the credit provider and licensee under the National Consumer Protection Act 2009. Qantas receives payment from HSBC for points issued for use of this credit card.Fees, charges, terms, conditions and lending criteria apply. Product feature information is supplied by HSBC and is accurate as at 7 January 2014. Qantas has made no enquiries as to it’s accuracy and is not responsible for errors or omissions.
^ The bonus 20,000 points offer is available to new HSBC Credit Card holders who apply for the HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card by 30 June 2014, are approved and make an eligible purchase within the first three months of receiving their card. Points will ordinarily be credited within two months of making an eligible purchase.
* Qantas Points accrue in accordance with and subject to the HSBC Qantas Rewards terms and conditions. No points are earned on balance transfers, cash advances and other ineligible transactions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and provide your valid membership number to HSBC in order to earn and redeem points. Membership and points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/frequentflyer. Eligible purchases exclude interest free promotions, balance transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees or charges, any disputed transactions, BPAY® and any government fee or charge. Points will ordinarily be credited within 2 months of making an eligible purchase.
~ Invitations are valid for Qantas Club and Qantas operated international Business Lounges only. Not valid in International First Class lounges, Chairman's Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business, Qantas oneworld® alliance airline, partner airline or associated lounges. Each invitation is valid for a single visit before the date specified on the invitation, when travelling with Qantas or Jetstar. You must make an eligible purchase within the first 3 months of receiving your card to receive the invitations. Following that, each year, you will continue to receive two complimentary lounge invitations on the anniversary date of your first spend. Qantas Club rules apply which are available at qantas.com/qantasclub. Subject to Qantas Club Invitation Conditions available at hsbc.com.au
# To be eligible for the introductory balance transfer rate, the balance transfer request must be made at the time of applying for the new HSBC credit card. The interest rate on the balance transfer applies for six months and is limited to the first balance transfer request per account from non-HSBC credit cards. After this period, any balance outstanding from the balance transfer will accrue interest at the interest rate for cash advances, currently 21.99% p.a. and subject to change. HSBC will allocate payments we receive from you to pay off the portion of your balance which attracts the highest interest rate first and subsequently to portions of your balance attracting lower interest rates. This may mean applying any and all payments made to your HSBC Credit Card account to pay off other transactions such as purchases and cash advances before any balance transfer amount.