About American Airlines
A founding member of oneworld®, American Airlines flies to 250 destinations in almost 40 countries with affiliates AmericanConnection^ and American Eagle+.
We are making some changes to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program which will affect these benefits for travel on or after 1 July 2014. View full details.
When flying on eligible American Airlines® fares and flights with an AA flight number, you can:
- earn points,
- earn Status credits on eligible booking classes,
- earn a Status bonus,
- earn a Cabin bonus, and
- earn a minimum of 500 points with the Minimum Points Guarantee.
+ American Eagle service includes flights operated by Executive Airlines. Effective from 14 February 2013, AA flight numbers in the 2500–2599 flight number range will be operated by ExpressJet as American Eagle. Effective from 15 November 2012, AA flight numbers in the 2600–2699 flight number range will be operated by Skywest Airlines as American Eagle
Earn points when flying on eligible fares and flights.
|First||Business||Premium Economy||Economy||Discount Economy||Discount Economy|
|Points Base earn rate (per mile or 1.609km)||1||1||1||1||0.5||0.25|
|Cabin bonus||50%||25%||0% 10%||-||-||-|
- Points are not earned when travelling in classes other than those specified.
- The Status bonus and Cabin bonus are applied to the base earn rate for each individual flight you take.
- Status credits are earned on all eligible booking classes.
- ## Effective from 01 November 2012
- ~ Applicable to AA Codeshare Flights operated by Japan Airlines (JL)
- #Applicable to AA Codeshare Flights operated by British Airways (BA) or Qantas (QF)
- ** Effective from 01 November 2012, W class is eligible to earn on USA domestic flights, USA to Mexico and USA to Canada
- + Effective 01 August 2013 O and Q classes are eligible to earn.
Minimum Points Guarantee
- 500 points when flying on eligible fares.
You can use your points on American Airlines for a:
Book an Award flight
|One way Classic Award
|New York (JFK)||London (LHR)||Economy||BHKY||3,440||25,000 points*|
|New York (JFK)||Paris (CDG)||Economy||BHKY||3,643||30,000 points*|
|Los Angeles||Tokyo||Economy||BHKY||5,458||36,000 points*|
|New York||Las Vegas||Economy||BHKY||2,235||18,000 points*|
* Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable by an Accepted Payment Card in addition to the points required on Partner Classic Award flights. These are quoted at the time of booking and are subject to change.