Jetstar is a low fares airline flying from Australia and New Zealand to 15 countries in the Asia-Pacific region, along with partners Jetstar Asia (3K) and Valuair (VF) based in Singapore and Jetstar Japan (GK), based in Tokyo.
When flying on eligible Jetstar flights with a JQ, 3K, VF, or GK flight number, you can:
- earn points,
- earn Status credits,
- earn a Status bonus,
- earn a Cabin bonus, and
- earn a minimum of 1,000 points with our Minimum Points Guarantee.
You can also:
- book Jetstar flights at qantas.com,
- book Award flights on Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, Valuair and Jetstar Japan online at qantas.com,
- calculate the number of points needed for a Classic Award flight with the Using Points Calculator.
Earn points and Status credits when travelling on Starter Plus, Starter Max or Business Max bundle fares with Jetstar Airways (JQ), Jetstar Asia (3K), Valuair (VF) and Jetstar Japan (GK).
All you have to do is purchase a Plus or Max bundle fare and provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer number when booking.
Earn points when flying on eligible fares and flights:
|Points base earn rate
(per mile or 1.609km)
|Status credits||-||Discount Economy||Economy||-||Business|
Points and Status credits are not earned on Economy Starter or Business fares.
- Status credits are earned on all eligible flights.
- Cabin bonus is applied to the base earn rate for each individual flight you take.
- Flights operated by Jetstar Japan (GK), Valuair (VF) and Jetstar Asia (3K) do not offer Business Class.
- Points and Status credits are not earned when travelling in the Economy Cabin on flights with a Jetstar (JQ), Jetstar Asia (3K), Valuair (VF) or Jetstar Japan (GK) flight number as part of a Qantas International fare or on Jetstar Asia (3K), Jetstar Japan (GK) and Valuair (VF) when a Jetstar flight voucher has been selected in lieu of Points and Status credit earn.
- Points are not earned when travelling in fares other than those specified.
Minimum points guarantee
- 1,000 points when flying on an Economy Starter Plus or Economy Starter Max fare.
- 1,250 points when flying on a Business Max fare.
|From||To||One Way Classic Award flights in||Points required|
|Melbourne||Hobart||Economy||6,400 points (down from 8,000 points)*|
|Sydney||Hamilton Island||Economy||9,600 points (down from 12,000 points)*|
|Adelaide||Perth||Economy||14,400 points (down from 18,000 points)*|
|Sydney||Denpasar||Economy||20,000 points (down from 25,000 points)*|
|Sydney||Denpasar||Business||40,000 points (down from 50,000 points)*|
|Cairns||Tokyo||Economy||24,000 points (down from 30,000 points)*|
|Cairns||Tokyo||Business||48,000 points (down from 60,000 points)*|
|Melbourne||Honolulu||Economy||28,800 points (down from 36,000 points)*|
|Melbourne||Honolulu||Business||57,600 points (down from 72,000 points)*|
^ Effective for new bookings for Jetstar Classic Awards from 8 April 2013
* Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable by an Accepted Payment Card in addition to the points required on Partner Classic Award flights. These are quoted at the time of booking and are subject to change.
You can use your points on Jetstar for a:
Book an Award flight
- Jetstar Asia (3K)
- Valuair (VF)
- Jetstar Japan (GK)
Last updated 22 April 2013.