Latest news - Airline Partners
Fly with Qantas and 35 partner airlines and their affiliates to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide and you could earn and use points on eligible fares and flights. To find out how to earn and use points with our partners, view the applicable airline partner page.
The Qantas and Emirates partnership launches
On 31 March 2013 Qantas and Emirates mark the official start of their historic partnership, with the first Qantas flights departing from Sydney and Melbourne to London via the international hub of Dubai.
The partnership marks a new era for Qantas and Emirates, and a seismic change for global aviation, as the two carriers collaborate to deliver the best network, lounges, frequent flyer benefits and travel experiences.
Latest News - oneworld
oneworld® is a global airline alliance that brings together twelve of the world's biggest and best airlines, all committed to providing world-class service and value. This includes a global route network covering some 840 destinations in more than 150 countries.
- On 30 October 2013, Qatar Airways joined oneworld® and the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and from this date members will be able to earn and redeem Qantas Points on eligible flights and fares. So, now there's now even more opportunity to earn and use Qantas Points. Find out more.
- On 1 October 2013, LAN Columbia, an affiliate on LAN Airlines, joined oneworld as an affiliate member. LAN Colombia serves 23 destinations in three countries adding 18 destinations in Colombia to the oneworld network. Find out more.
- Brazil's TAM Airlines is set to join oneworld® in 2014, along with its Paraguay subsidiary. TAM operates to 60 destinations in 16 countries in Latin America, the USA and Europe, and will add 35 destinations to the oneworld map. Find out more.
- Malaysia Airlines joined the oneworld® Alliance and the Qantas Frequent Flyer program on 1 February 2013. The addition of Malaysia Airlines to the program means members are now able to earn and redeem points for travel on eligible flights and fares. To celebrate the launch of Malaysia Airlines in to the oneworld Alliance, for a limited time members will be able to earn double points on eligible flights and fares. Find out more.
- SriLankan Airlines has also been invited to join oneworld, adding one of Asia's fastest growing airlines to the alliance. Based in Colombo, SriLankan Airlines flies to 34 destinations in 22 countries across Asia, Europe and the Middle East, including oneworld hubs Hong Kong, London Heathrow, Kuala Lumpur, Moscow Domodedovo and Tokyo Narita, along with Bangkok and Singapore.