The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
With the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, you could enjoy your next adventures sooner, starting with up to 50,000 extra Qantas Points when you apply online by 31 January 2014, are approved and meet the spend criteria* - an offer from American Express. Plus, you could also receive a complimentary Qantas domestic Economy return flight each year^ as well.
Enjoy the benefits of the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
- You could earn up to a bonus 50,000 points* when you apply online by 31 January 2014, are approved and meet the following spend criteria:
- 5,000 points* after the first time you make an eligible purchase on the Card within three months of becoming a Cardmember
- 42,500 additional points* if you spend $500 on eligible purchases on the Card within three months of becoming a Cardmember
- Plus, a further 2,500 points* the first time you use your Card on selected Qantas products and services in Australia~
- Introductory offer available to new* American Express Cardmembers only
- Take off with a complimentary Qantas domestic Economy return flight every year after^ your first eligible Card spend on selected Qantas products and services in Australia~
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance† when you pay for eligible travel with your Card.
- No points cappingΩ
- Annual fee of just $450
- Earn up to 3 Points per $1 spent. See below for further details.
Accelerate your earning power
|You can earn:||On eligible purchases at:|
|3 points for every $1 spent‡||Tens of thousands of restaurants in Australia±
Selected Qantas products and services in Australia~
|2 points for every $1 spent‡||Accomodation, airlines, major cruise and tour operators paid directly or through travel agencies±
Spend in foreign currency when overseas and online±
|1 point for every $1 spent‡||All other providers, excluding those below
Insurances offered by American Express
|0.5 points for every $1 spent‡||Utilities, which are gas, water and electricity providers
Insurance offered by companies other than American ExpressTelecommunications providers, which includes goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and internet service providers
Government bodies including the Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, federal/state and local government bodies
Discover where additional points can be earned, such as at restaurants or with major cruise and tour operators, by visiting americanexpress.com.au/qantasearnrate
Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia and earn a minimum income of $65,000 per annum to apply for the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card. American Express income and credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information, including fees, charges and interest rates are correct as at 21 October 2013 and are subject to change.
* The 50,000 Qantas Points offer is only available to new American Express Card members who apply via the online application form by 31 January 2014, are approved and make the required eligible Card spend(s). Card members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 12 month period are ineligible for this offer. Points are awarded as follows:
- 5,000 points after your first eligible purchase with the Card
- 42,500 points after you spend $500 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of becoming a Cardmember
- an additional 2,500 points will be awarded after the first Card spend on purchases of selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
Maximum number of points available under this offer is 50,000 points. Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after you have made the eligible spend for the points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
^ The Qantas domestic return flight in Economy class between selected Australian capital cities is available for booking by Qantas American Express Ultimate Cardmembers. All flights are subject to availability and neither American Express nor Qantas guarantee that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage available at qantas.com. No Qantas Points will be awarded for travel on these flights. Subject to Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Insurances and Domestic Return Flight Conditions available here.
~ Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account, i.e. directly with Qantas or some travel agents, and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, and Qantas branded non-airfare products.
† Qantas American Express Ultimate Credit Card Insurances are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms and conditions and exclusions contained in the Qantas American Express Card Insurances policy of insurance between American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313 (American Express) and ACE. This site does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions available here and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
‡ You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms. Points and bonus points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions, and exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies – these do not earn Qantas points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions. Please click here for details.
± Spending at the restaurants, airlines and accommodation, major cruise and tour operators categories will only be eligible for the additional Qantas points if the merchants are categorised in the eligible merchant codes. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorised based on what they primarily sell. For example, spend on dining within a retail department store, hotel, pub and liquor outlet may not be eligible for the additional points for restaurants. Qantas points are awarded on the Australian-dollar billed amount of the spend in foreign currency. Except for spend at merchants where you earn 3, 2 or 0.5 points per $1 spent, you earn 1 point for every $1 spent including if the purchase is made with someone other than the provider of the goods or service, for example through a third party such as a travel aggregator.
Ω As long as your account remains current and in good standing.