Program update - Points Expiry
As of 1 July 2010:
- Your points won't expire as long as you keep your account active by earning or using points at least once every 18 months, rather than every three years; and
- Family transfers won't count towards keeping your account active.
You will need to earn or use points through your account (excluding transfers to or from an eligible family member) at least once every 18 months to stop your points from expiring. See the Terms and Conditions.
If you keep your account active by earning or using points once every 18 months, then your points will not expire.
How will the change affect the points I had in my account at 30 June 2010?
- Any points you had in your account at 30 June 2010 won't be affected by the change to the expiry period and will continue to expire after three years.
- If you don't earn or use any points after 30 June 2010, the points you have earned before 1 July 2010 will expire three years after the date of your last activity.
- If you earn or use points after 30 June 2010, your points will expire either:
- three years from the date of your last activity before 1 July 2010, or
- 18 months from the date of your last activity after 30 June 2010,
whichever is later.
What if my current expiry date is later than 18 months after 1 July 2010?
Your expiry date holds. Any points you had in your account at 30 June 2010 will not expire any earlier than three years from the date of your last activity before 30 June 2010.
How will I know when my points are due to expire?
How do I keep my account active?
With so many ways to earn and use points, it's simple to keep your account active.
You can earn points doing the things you do everyday, from shopping to flying and eating out. Not only can you earn at participating Woolworths Group stores and take advantage of a huge range of credit and charge cards that allow you to earn points on your everyday spend, we've also recently added new restaurants to our list of program partners. And don't forget you can even earn points when you redeem points for a Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award. See all the ways you can earn points.
There are plenty of ways to use points too. You can redeem your points towards Classic Awards* and Any Seat Awards^ (subject to availability), or your choice of over 1,800 products, including over 200 gift vouchers available in the online Qantas Frequent Flyer Store.+ You can also redeem your Qantas Points for a Woolworths Gift Card by setting up Auto Rewards. Then every three months, you'll automatically receive a gift card in the mail, up to the value of $20. At the end of each three-month period, your points balance determines which gift card we put in the post. Find out more.
See all the ways you can use points.
You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. A joining fee may apply. Membership is subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer programs Terms and Conditions.
* Qantas & Partner Classic Award seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. Some flights may not have any Classic Award seats available. All surcharges, fees and taxes are payable separately in addition to the points required to be redeemed.
^ Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards are available on any flight with a QF or JQ flight number. The points required for Any Seat Awards are variable and are only valid when quoted. There is no fixed relationship between the cash price charged by the applicable airline for a seat and the points required to redeem an Any Seat Award through Qantas Frequent Flyer. Not all special promotional fares are available as Any Seat Awards. Award flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure.