Terms and Conditions
1. Auto Rewards is made available to Qantas Frequent Flyer members by Qantas in accordance with these Terms as an optional Award under the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions apply to this Award except as otherwise stated in these Terms.
2. Opting-In: You may opt in to Auto Rewards ("Opt-In") at any time online at qantas.com/autorewards or by telephoning the Frequent Flyer Service Centre (or any other telephone centre specified from time to time by Qantas). Opting-In by telephone will incur a service fee (the "Auto Rewards Service Fee" described on qantas.com).
3. What Auto Rewards provides you: If you Opt-In to Auto Rewards, and you remain Opted-In on 1 August, 1 November, 1 February or 1 May in any year (each a "Trigger Date") commencing from 27 June 2011, Qantas will within 5 business days of that Trigger Date:
(a) deduct from your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account on the deduction date the Points to be deducted as described in column (2) of the following table, based on your Points balance on the deduction date as described in column (1) of the following table; and
(b) provided those Points have been deducted, send to Your Address (provided it is in Australia) a Gift Card for the value (described in column (3) of the following table) corresponding to the Points deducted and described in column (2) of the following table.
|Your Points Balance on deduction date||Points deducted / to be deducted||Gift card value|
|750 or more but less than 1500||750||$5|
|1500 or more but less than 2250||1500||$10|
|2250 or more but less than 3000||2250||$15|
|3000 or more||3000||$20|
If on the deduction date your Points balance is less than 750, no Points will be deducted and no Gift Card will be issued for that Trigger Date.
4. Acceptance of these Terms: By Opting-In or obtaining any Gift Card issued under these Terms you acknowledge that you have read and accept these Terms.
5. Your Address: You cannot participate in Auto Rewards (or receive any Gift Card) unless the mailing address we have recorded for you in Your Account is in Australia. You are responsible for ensuring that the mailing address that we have recorded for you in Your Account is correct and up to date. If you Opt-In to Auto Rewards, Gift Cards that you qualify for under Auto Rewards will be sent to your mailing address recorded in Your Account. Qantas will not be liable for Gift Cards not received or for any loss incurred by you because your mailing address recorded in Your Account is incorrect.
6. Gift Card: The Gift Card referred to in these Terms is the Woolworths Gift Card issued by Woolworths Limited ABN 88 000 014 675 in accordance with the Woolworths Gift Card Terms and Conditions. Key terms of these Gift Cards are as follows:
(a) You may use this Gift Card to purchase goods and services from participating Woolworths supermarkets listed at everydaygiftcards.com.au in Australia. These stores may change from time to time.
(b) This Gift Card expires 12 months from the date of mailing. Woolworths' record of the expiry date is final.
(c) Except as required by law, neither Woolworths nor Qantas will replace lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards or any Gift Card that has been tampered with. A Gift Card cannot be exchanged for money.
(d) The full Woolworths Gift Card terms and conditions apply to each Gift Card - visit everydaygiftcards.com.au for details.
7. Delivery: Gift Cards will be sent by ordinary post and will only be delivered to mailing addresses in Australia. All delivery charges are included in the Points redeemed. Qantas will endeavour to deliver Gift Cards within 30 days of the applicable Trigger Date, but Qantas does not accept any liability for a failure to deliver within that time period. Title and risk in Gift Cards passes to you upon delivery.
8. Returned Gift Cards: If a Gift Card (which has not been redeemed or used) is returned to Qantas as a result of a delivery failure, Qantas will re-credit to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account the Points Deducted and cancel the returned Gift Card, and you will be Opted-Out of Auto Rewards.
9. Receipts and Tax: (a) Qantas will not provide you with a tax invoice or receipt for this redemption. The redemption transaction will be recorded in your monthly statement. You will receive a confirmation email on redemption of the required Points from your account. (b) Members are responsible for any costs, charges, taxes, claims or other liabilities (including any applicable fringe benefits tax) arising from receipt of benefits under this Award option. Members are advised to check with their accountant or tax adviser for further information on any tax implications arising from this redemption option.
10. Termination: Qantas reserves the right to suspend or terminate Auto Rewards in its absolute discretion at any time, without giving notice to you.
11. Changes: These Terms are effective as at 27 June 2011 and may be amended by Qantas (including the Points required to be redeemed for a Gift Card) from time to time without giving notice to you. The current version of these Terms is the version provided on qantas.com. If you are Opted-In to this Award on the date that any change to these Terms are amended, Qantas will notify you by email or mail of any material change to these Terms that is likely to disadvantage you no later than 14 days before the next Trigger Date.
(a) You may Opt-Out of Auto Rewards at any time online at qantas.com/autorewards or by telephoning the Frequent Flyer Service Centre (or any other telephone centre specified from time to time by Qantas). Opting-Out by telephone will incur the Auto Rewards Service Fee.
(b) You may be Opted-Out of Auto Rewards by Qantas and any Gift Cards sent to you cancelled at any time if:
(i) in any consecutive 12 month period you have not received on one or more occasions a Gift Card sent to your mailing address;
(ii) Qantas reasonably determines that your mailing address does not provide sufficient certainty that you will receive a Gift Card sent to that address or that you are misusing or abusing Auto Rewards or any Gift Card sent to you (or attempting to do so) or that you have breached these Terms; or
(iii) Qantas has a reasonable suspicion of dishonesty in connection with Auto Rewards or a Gift Card.
From the date of your Opt-Out, Members will not be entitled to any benefit under Auto Rewards. You will need to check your mailing address details at Your Account and Opt-In again to participate in Auto Rewards after Opting-Out or being Opted-Out. Qantas will attempt to contact you to inform you if you are Opted-Out under clauses 8 or 12(b) but Qantas accepts no liability if we are unable to contact you.
13. Your privacy: By Opting-In to this redemption option you authorise Qantas (and its service providers) to disclose your personal details to third parties and for Qantas (and its service providers) and those third parties to use that information for the purposes of Qantas (or its service providers) or those third parties providing Auto Rewards to you. Otherwise Members' personal information is dealt with in accordance with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions and the Qantas Privacy Statement.
(a) Qantas acknowledges that the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), the Fair Trading Act 1987 (NSW) and other equivalent legislation implies or imposes statutory guarantees, conditions or warranties into contracts for the supply of goods or services to consumers that cannot be excluded ("Non Excludable Terms"). Nothing in these Terms and Conditions (including the exclusions and limitations in this clause 13) is intended to exclude or restrict the application of Non Excludable Terms. Other than the Non Excludable Terms, Qantas excludes all implied terms in relation to this Award.
(b) Subject to clause 13(a), Qantas is not liable to Members or any other person for any loss or claim of any kind in connection with this Award, a Gift Card or any product obtained with it, except to the extent caused directly by the negligence or wilful misconduct of Qantas.
16. Definitions: In these Terms:
(a) all money amounts are in Australian dollars (AUD);
(b) terms defined in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions have the same meaning when used herein;
(c) "you" means the Member that Opts-In to Auto Rewards.