Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award Flights
Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards allow you to use your Qantas Frequent Flyer points to book any available seat on a Qantas or Jetstar flight.
Any Seat Awards provides choice and flexibility, so you can choose the flight that suits your preferred travel times.
|Any Seat Award Flight Features|
|What can be booked?||Any available seat on:
Plus you can combine a Qantas fare with selected flights on 43 partner airlines.
|Who can I book for?||You can redeem for yourself or any eligible family member|
|Will I earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points and Status credits?||Yes, on eligible flights^|
|Can I combine my Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award booking with other airlines for onward travel?||Yes, on selected airlines (as offered by Qantas from time to time)*|
|How many points are required?||This is variable# and will be quoted at the time of booking|
|Does the points redemption amount include taxes, fees and carrier charges?||Yes|
|Can Points Plus Pay be used?||Yes, if you don’t have enough points, you can use Points Plus Pay on all flights, but there is a minimum points requirement (which is subject to change),|
|Can I request an upgrade?||Yes, you can use points to request an upgrade on eligible Any Seat Awards on Qantas domestic and international routes, subject to terms and conditions.+
Tip: To see how many points are required for an upgrade use our Upgrade with points calculator.
|What are the booking and fare conditions?||Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award conditions are available at the time of booking. We recommend that you review the applicable fare conditions at the time of booking, as these may vary. You can check the conditions of your booking at Your Bookings.|
|Can I request a refund or credit voucher?||Refunds are only available if the fare conditions (provided at the time of booking) state the booking is refundable. Terms and conditions apply.
If a fare is non-refundable, you may be able to obtain a credit voucher to the commercial value of the Any Seat Award flight booked, which can be used for Qantas flights within 12 months of the original booking creation date (subject to the original fare conditions). This does not apply to Any Seat Award bookings on Jetstar flights.
|Can I change my booking?||You can change your Any Seat Award booking online here. This can only be done in accordance with the fare conditions (provided to you at the time of booking) which also set out applicable change and service fees which must be paid in money.|
|Are there other award flight options?||Yes, there is a second type of Award flight you can also book which is called ‘Qantas & Partner Classic Award’. The number of points required under Qantas & Partner Classic Award and Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award for the same itinerary may be different. Find out more.|
How to Book an Any Seat Award Flight
- You can book up to 24 hours before scheduled departure (though some locations and fares require earlier advance booking).
- There are three ways to book an Any Seat Award flight:
- Make a booking by logging in to Your Account, clicking on 'Award Bookings' and selecting the Award Type: 'Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award' when searching for available flights.
- Make a booking through qantas.com or jetstar.com** for an available Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ) seat and select to use 'Points Plus Pay' which will allow you to redeem an Any Seat Award by using a combination of points and money (or points only if you have the necessary amount of points). You must be logged in to Your Account in order for this option to appear.
To use this booking option:
a. Your itinerary must be available as an Any Seat Award; and
b. You will need a minimum number of points (5,000 points but this is subject to change)
- Make a booking by calling Award flight reservations; however an Award Assistance fee applies.~
Any Seat Award Flight Fees
- For a list of all Any Seat Award service fees, see the Fee Schedule in the program Terms and Conditions.
* A limited number of seats on selected partner airlines (as offered by Qantas at the time of booking) may be combined with your Qantas or Jetstar flights in a Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award. Partner airline flights which may be combined with Jetstar flights in an Any Seat Award are more limited than those which may be combined with Qantas flights. Jetstar partner airlines currently include Jetstar Asia (3K), Valuair (VF), Jetstar Pacific (BL) Note: Please check Jetstar Pacific (BL) and Qantas (QF) - for applicable partner airline flights, refer to the available flights at the time of booking.
# The points required to redeem an Any Seat Award change with demand and can differ between bookings, even for the same itinerary. The points quoted in the Any Seat Award booking processes are only valid when quoted. If you delay your booking or do not proceed to make your booking at that time, the points quoted may change. There is no fixed relationship between the price charged by the applicable airline for a seat and the number of points required to redeem an Any Seat Award.
^ See the Airline Earning Table for eligible flights and earning classes. Note: Qantas Frequent Flyer points may not be earned on some fare types or on some oneworld® alliance or airline partner flights. The total points you earn depends on how far you travel, your cabin class and your membership status.
+ Flight upgrades are subject to capacity controls and availability (which is limited). Flight upgrades are not available on Classic Awards or international airfares booked in E, N, O, P, Q, or X class, which includes some Qantas Any Seat Awards and some international Red e-Deal fares.
** When booking your Any Seat Award in this way through qantas.com or jetstar.com, other Award Flights (including Qantas & Partner Classic Award flights and other Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award flights) may be available for your selected itinerary. Points required for other Award Flights for your itinerary may be different and may be lower than the points required for the Any Seat Award provided. The points quote provided for the selected Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award is for the flights you have selected only; Qantas has not searched for other available Award Flight seats or for the lowest points quote. The booking service for Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards on Jetstar flights is provided by Jetstar Airways Pty Limited (ABN 33 069 720 243), Travel agent licence no. VIC 32696.
~ Bookings made or completed with the help of a consultant attract a 6,000-point fee per person (including children and infants occupying a seat) per booking for international bookings. The fee is 3,500-point fee for all other flights. If booking through Qantas Telephone Sales in Australia or New Zealand the fee may be paid with money. This non-refundable fee applies only when making the initial booking. See the terms and conditions for details.