Qantas Flight Upgrade Awards
While some upgrade requests may not be confirmed until a few days before (or on the day) you travel, it is a great way to make the most of your points and your journey.
Flight Upgrade Award requests may not always be successful but points will only be deducted if your Flight Upgrade Award is confirmed.
Here are a few things you need to know about Flight Upgrade Awards:
- You need to have an eligible paid and confirmed ticket on a Qantas operated service (with a QF flight number on your ticket).
- Flight Upgrade Awards may be requested on most Qantas Any Seat Awards but are not available on Qantas Classic Awards.*
- You will earn points and Status credits for the fare class you originally purchased.
- If there are multiple people travelling in your booking and all passengers are eligible family members, your online request for a Flight Upgrade Award will apply to each passenger. If your booking includes passengers other than eligible family members, you will need to contact Qantas Telephone Sales to split the booking and then you will be able to request an upgrade.
- The fare conditions applicable to the fare originally purchased will apply.
- Special meals may not be available in the upgraded class of travel.
- Flight Upgrade Awards are subject to capacity controls and availability (which is limited).
- Members must have enough points for the Flight Upgrade Award at the time they request it and when the upgrade is confirmed. Family transfers may assist in ensuring that sufficient points are available.
- Once the registered upgrade is confirmed, Members are entitled to the baggage allowance of the upgraded cabin.
- All PIN changes between the time a Flight Upgrade Award is requested and the time of confirmation must be advised to Qantas reservations. Otherwise the Flight Upgrade Award request will not be processed.
For more details on Flight Upgrade Awards and cancellations, see terms and conditions.
International upgrade confirmation right up to the gate
In response to customer feedback we will now be processing international upgrades much closer to the time of departure, meaning fewer empty seats in premium cabins. Find out more
If an upgrade is not immediately available when you request it, you are now able to register for a domestic Flight Upgrade Award. This means we will notify you if your upgrade is confirmed so you do not have to come back to qantas.com to see if an upgrade is available. Find out more
Flight Upgrade Awards are subject to capacity controls and availability (which is limited).
* Flight Upgrade Awards are not available on Classic Awards or on international airfares booked in E, N, O, Q or X class, which includes some Qantas Any Seat Awards and some international Red e-Deal fares. We are making some changes to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program which will affect these benefits for travel on or after 1 July 2014. View full details.