Advance Seat Selection
Using Advance Seat Selection online, you can select window, aisle or other seats directly after booking for just $25 per sector on international flights.
Seat selection is complimentary on domestic flights and for eligible customers, such as Silver, Gold and Platinum Frequent Flyers, on Qantas operated international flights.
If you would prefer extra leg room, Exit Row Seats can also be requested by all customers in economy.
Alternatively, you can select your seat for free within 24 hours of departure via Online Check-in or the Check-in Kiosks at the airport. Find out more about your Check-in Seat Selection options.
Advance Seat Selection allows you to select a seat before you get to the airport. So you can relax, knowing that you have selected the right seat for you.
Available directly after booking at qantas.com, Advance Seat Selection is complimentary if:
- You are travelling on any Qantas operated domestic service.
- You are travelling internationally in First, Business or Premium Economy cabins.
- You are a Platinum, Gold or Silver Frequent Flyer or equivalent oneworld Frequent Flyer.
- You are on the same booking and travelling with any of the above mentioned travellers.
For all other customers on international flights, Advance Seat Selection is available online for $25 per flight sector. Bronze Frequent Flyers also have the option of redeeming Qantas Frequent Flyer points to request a seat.*
- Retrieve your booking through Manage Your Booking or Frequent Flyer Your Bookings.
- Click on 'Select Seats' in the 'Your Flights' panel if outside 24 hours of departure. Within 24 hours of departure, go straight to 'Check-in' as this will allow you to select your seats and check-in.
- Select a passenger.
- Select the seat from the seat map (where available).
- If required, enter payment information. Qantas Frequent Flyer members can either redeem Frequent Flyer points or pay the additional amount.*
- Don't forget to check in online even if you have selected your seat.
Ensure you take your Boarding Pass and your Qantas Booking Reference number with you to the airport.
|Flights||Additional amount per flight sector|
|International Flights |
Qantas operated flights QF1-199
|$25||The exact number of points will be provided to you during the purchase process.|
Advance Seat Selection is available only on Qantas international flights QF1 - 199 and Qantas domestic flights QF400 - 1349 (excluding QantasLink services). On QantasLink services you can request a preference for an aisle or window seat.
1. Prices quoted are valid as at 25 September 2012 and are subject to change. Prices apply to all fare types.
2. Advance Seat Selection is subject to the availability of requested seats.
3. Preferential seating zones exist for Platinum, Gold or Silver Frequent Flyers, equivalent oneworld members and any passenger travelling with you in the same booking.
4. Bassinets on international flights can be requested online or through our Contact Centre free of charge and are subject to availability.
5. Passengers who wish to sit next to each other but have made separate bookings will need to request their seat independently. Qantas is not able to advise the seat selection of passengers on other bookings.
6. At any time up to 3 hours prior to scheduled departure, provided you have not checked in for the flight, you may change your seat request as follows:
(a) move to another available seat of the same value within the same cabin free of charge;
(b) move to an available seat of higher value within the same cabin (for example an Exit Row Seat) on payment of any price difference. Additional payments are not available in points;
(c) upgrade to seat in a higher cabin, however, the amount paid or points redeemed for an Advance Seat Selection will not be refunded.
7. If in accordance with your fare rules you elect to move to another flight or you fail to pay for your booking resulting in cancellation of your flight, any Advance Seat Selection paid for is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another flight. Advance Seat Selection required for any new flight must be selected separately and no refund will be provided for any Advance Seat Selection purchased for the previous flight.
8. Advance Seat Selection is not transferable to another passenger.
9. Advance Seat Selection is non-refundable unless:
(a) Qantas changes your seat for operational, safety or security reasons (even after boarding the aircraft), and we are unable to seat you in a suitable alternative.
(b) there is a flight disruption causing you to be moved to another flight and Qantas is unable to seat you in a suitable alternative on your new flight
(c) Qantas moves you to a flight not operated by Qantas
10. Advance Seat Selection is non-refundable if we have moved you to a seat in a higher cabin class for operational, safety or security reasons.
11. Advance Seat Selection refund conditions are independent of fare refund conditions.
12. If your seat is changed by Qantas for operational, safety or security reasons or you are affected by a flight disruption, you may apply for a refund after departure via contact us . Refunds can only be requested after departure of the affected flight. Refund requests must be lodged at qantas.com no later than 3 months after the affected flight.
13. In the event of an aircraft change, the same or a 'like seat' may be allocated. Passengers will not be contacted if this occurs before check-in but may check the position of the allocated seat online via Manage Your Booking.
14. Passengers will still be required to check-in before their flight departure. Check-in for an Advance Seat Selection passenger is available online at qantas.com/onlinecheck-in or at the airport.
15. Passengers who have specific needs should call our Contact Centre directly so we can assist with the allocation of an appropriate seat.
16. Seat requests cannot be guaranteed as they may need to be changed for operational, safety or security reasons, even after boarding the aircraft.
17. Refer Advance Seat Selection Terms & Conditions.
* You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. Join online now. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions. Members must be logged into qantas.com using their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number and have sufficient points for redemption at the time of booking Advance Seat Selection. The Points Plus Pay option is not available for Advance Seat Selection. The points required for Advance Seat Selection may vary and are only valid when quoted. There is no fixed relationship between the cash price charged for Advance Seat Selection and the points required to redeem an Advance Seat Selection through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.