Qantas has minimum entry level requirements that need to considered before making your application to join the Qantas Engineering Apprenticeship program:
You can apply for one trade in one location (exceptions may apply from time to time);
- You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- New Zealand Citizens with a minimum of 6 months residency in Australia may apply for Sydney and Brisbane based Trades only;
- You must be minimum of 15 years of age or older at time of employment (January 2014);
- Have completed a minimum of Year 10 or equivalent;
- Pass a Federal Police Criminal History Check; and
- Pass a Pre-employment Medical Examination.
Keep in mind that this is an entry level apprenticeship program. If you currently hold a recognised trade certificate or tertiary qualification, please be aware that our Apprenticeship consists of a nominal 4 year TAFE and work training period and that this option may not be the right one for you.