Use your Qantas Points for Car hire on qantas.com
There are now even more fantastic benefits when booking your car hire at qantas.com. Qantas Frequent Flyer members can redeem their Qantas points for an Avis or Budget car hire voucher~ at the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store and use it to book a car within Australia through qantas.com.
You also get guaranteed low rates when you book at qantas.com with our Price Promise*, plus there are no booking fees and Qantas Frequent Flyers can earn 3 points per A$1 spent on time and kilometre charges with Avis and Budget within Australia+.
How to redeem points for your car hire voucher
Visit the Qantas Frequent Flyer Store and redeem your points for a $100 or $200 Avis or Budget car hire voucher~, valid for up to 6 months.
Vouchers are sent to you via post. Please allow at least 10 working days for your voucher to arrive.
How to use your car hire voucher
Proceed to qantas.com/avis if you have redeemed for / obtained an Avis voucher or
qantas.com/budget if you have redeemed for / obtained a Budget voucher to see all the latest car specials and to book your car hire within Australia using your voucher (vehicles are at all times subject to availability).
Then take your voucher with you and present it when you pick up your car.
If your car hire exceeds the combined value of your vouchers, you can pay the balance with cash or credit card upon pick up. Vouchers cannot be used for one-way rentals.
Book car hire and view all Frequent Flyer Specials.
- Each voucher can be applied to the total cost of one rental only and no refunds or credits will be issued for unused portions.
- The renter must meet Avis and Budget standard age driver and credit requirements.
- A valid credit card must be presented at the time of rental.
- Full voucher conditions are available through the Qantas Frequent Flyer store
Benefits of booking your car at qantas.com
- Cars at qantas.com come with a Price Promise*. Find out more.
- Compare great rates from four leading car companies in the one place.
- No booking fees.
- Qantas Frequent Flyers can earn 3 points per A$1 spent on time and kilometre charges with Avis and Budget within Australia and 700 points per rental with Avis and Budget outside Australia+.
- Regular special offers for Frequent Flyers. View all Frequent Flyer specials
- Add your car company loyalty number when you book to receive your membership benefits.
- You can book your car at the same time as when you book your Qantas flight.
Australia is home to some of the most spectacular scenic drives in the world. Wind your way down the Great Ocean Road, arguably Australia's most picturesque drive or take a breathtaking beach drive from Cairns to Port Douglas or along the Sunshine Coast.
Hire a car and sample fine food and wine at anyone of Australia's renowned wineries. The Hunter Valley in NSW and the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria offer a fine drive backdrop as does the beautiful Margaret River in Western Australia.
Searching for more inspiring driving holidays? Visit Travel Insider today.
* If, after you book car hire on qantas.com, on the same day you find a lower publicly available rate on any website with a website address ending in .au or any other website operated in Australia by an Australian company for the same car hire with the same supplier (including the same Booking Conditions), we will match that rate and Qantas Frequent Flyer members can earn 1,000 extra points. Claims must be submitted by midnight (AEDT) on the same day of receiving your confirmation email in relation to your booking on qantas.com. To earn points for car hire, Qantas Frequent Flyers must provide their membership number when booking online and to the chosen car partner. Other conditions apply.
+ Members can earn 3 points per A$1 spent on time and kilometre charges (excluding GST, insurance and miscellaneous charges) within Australia, and 700 points per rental outside Australia when booking Avis and Budget car hire at qantas.com. You must provide your membership number when booking online and to the chosen car partner to earn points. Points are not earned on government rates, travel industry rates, package rentals and some corporate rates. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Join online now.