International Flight Attendant based in the UK
Qantas Cabin Crew UK Flight Attendants take pride in being the face of Qantas. Their natural, genuine and engaging style complements our world-class premium brand.
Representing Qantas brings great opportunity for everyone who joins this dynamic team environment. Meeting new people is a daily occurrence and travelling to unique destinations presents an exciting way of life.
As excellence in customer service and safety is integral to our success, our Flight Attendants are intuitive, caring, energetic and responsible professionals - who always make every moment with our customers count.
As the well-being of our customers is paramount, our Flight Attendants are highly trained in service and aircraft safety and can confidently deal with a variety of emergency situations.
Do you have what it takes to deliver an exceptional customer experience?
What do I need to become a Flight Attendant with Qantas Cabin Crew UK?
Qantas Flight Attendants must be genuinely committed to customer service excellence. To join our dynamic team our people need to:
- Understand the needs and comfort of our customers who travel with us - whether regular flyers or customers who've never flown before
- Easily build rapport and trust in a team and positively contribute to the team's performance
- Can adapt to any situation that may present itself in a sensible, warm and safe way
- Appreciate cultural diversity and sensitivity towards customers who may need extra help, such as children travelling alone, nervous flyers or people who may not have English as their first language
- Take a caring approach when offering our customers food, beverages and any other assistance they may need onboard
- Understand the importance of hygiene standards inflight so all areas of the cabin are clean and fresh for our customers
- Are trained and competent in aircraft safety procedures and first aid when needed.
In addition to the above, you need to meet the following minimum criteria to operate within the unique aircraft environment:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Height between 163 - 183cm
- The legal right to live and work in the UK
- A valid passport with unrestricted access to all Qantas destinations
- High standard of spoken and written English
- Strong commitment to customer service and recent experience in a face-to-face role
- Demonstrated empathy in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries
- An excellent level of health and fitness, for example, being able to swim 50 metres fully clothed
- A willingness to relocate, as required, to any location.
- Experience in Food and Beverage service is an advantage
- A demonstrated fluency in at least one of the following priority languages will offer a distinct advantage: Mandarin, Cantonese or Thai. Your language skills would be utilised in assisting our customers with both service and safety information.
Training program requirements
If you are successful in our recruitment process you'll undertake a comprehensive training program, covering topics including customer service, medical aviation, aircraft and personal safety and emergency procedures.
During your training you'll be required to perform the following safety tasks:
- Lifting a 28kg aircraft window exit
- Deal with emergencies in a smoke-filled simulator
- Swim and assist people in the water
- Descend an escape slide, nine metres above the ground
- Fight fires while wearing a full face mask
- Control people in panic situations
- Move disabled people in evacuations
How to Apply
Do you have a passion for working in a busy team environment, and a track record for exceptional customer service and meet all of our essential requirements?
If you answered yes then think about Qantas Cabin Crew UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Qantas, one of the world's best premium airlines.
Thank you for your interest in the Flight Attendant role - we wish you all the best with your application.