Domestic Mobile Check-in
Check-in on your mobile from 24 hours up until 45 minutes before your flight departure. If you are travelling without checked baggage, simply check in and go straight to the gate.*
How to check in on your mobile
- Visit qantas.com from your web-enabled mobile device.
- Login if you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer or Select 'Domestic Check-in'.
- Enter your booking reference and last name and select 'Check-in'.
- We'll send an SMS with your 2D Boarding Pass to your mobile. If you're on an iPhone running iOS6 and above, you will see an option to 'Add to Passbook'. Once you add your boarding pass to Passbook, we'll automatically notify you of your gate and any other flight updates.
- If you are travelling with carry-on baggage only, head straight to the gate.
- Scan your 2D Boarding Pass at the boarding gate.After scanning your mobile device at the gate, you will receive a receipt confirming your seat number.
Remember Seat selection is complimentary on all domestic flights from time of booking.^ Visit Manage Your Booking to select your seat.
Find out more about qantas.com Mobile, including our new Passbook boarding passes, now available on iPhones running iOS6 and above. Get a demonstration of Mobile Check-in+ or read our Mobile Check-in FAQs.
If you are travelling with carry-on baggage only, make your way through security and head straight to the gate. Travellers with checked baggage will need to drop their bags at bag drop at least 30 minutes before departure.
Customers with a Q Bag Tag can go straight to bag drop or the dedicated Bag Drop counters after checking in to drop off their baggage.
If you don't have a Q Bag Tag, you can print your paper bag tags at the Check-in Kiosks located in the check-in area, where available, before heading to bag drop.
Be sure to label your baggage inside and out, with your name, address and contact number for your destination and ensure that all old destination stickers and tags are removed from all baggage.
^ Generally, we cannot guarantee a specific seat as we may need to change it for operational, safety or security reasons, even after you have boarded the aircraft.
+ To view the demonstration you need Flash Player 8 or higher. You can download this software for free from Adobe.