Qantas A380 Awards
Qantas A380 First Class Suite awarded Good DesignTM Award
The Qantas A380 First Class suite, designed by Qantas Creative Director Marc Newson, has been awarded a Good DesignTM Award by The Chicago Athenaeum.
The Good DesignTM Awards were judged in New York by an international jury of design professionals, architects, experts, and cultural leaders.
The award recognises the Qantas A380 First Class suite for its aesthetics and excellence in design.
The understated luxury of the A380 First Class suite is created through the use of custom-designed fabrics, innovative materials and premium finishes. Some key A380 First Class features:
- 14 individual suites with electronically adjustable seat with programmable positions and fully adjustable multi-zone massage function.
- The seat converts into a fully flat bed complemented by a foam mattress, sheepskin overlay and fitted cotton sheeting.
- Electronically deployed 17 inch LCD widescreen video monitor.
- Touch screen control unit featuring personal flight map and operating all electronic functions including electronically adjustable privacy screens.
- Leather guest seat and large dining table designed to accommodate two.
- A variety of personal stowage options including dresser unit.
- High quality finishes including Edelman leather and real wood.
- Noise cancelling headset port, PC power, USB and internet ports.
- Electronically controlled dual layer window shades.
- Mood lighting and enhanced cabin soundproofing.
- Designer amenities from Payot Paris, luxurious pyjamas, and soft furnishings and tableware by Marc Newson.
This award continues to build on the positive feedback from both our customers and the industry on the Qantas A380. It reinforces the value of a well designed inflight product, particularly for long haul flights.
Find out more about Qantas A380 First Class.
Qantas A380 Economy Seat awarded Australian International Design Award of the Year
The new Qantas A380 Economy seat - designed by acclaimed international designer Marc Newson - has won Standards Australia's top prize, the 2009 Australian International Design Award of the Year.
The Qantas A380 Economy seat focuses on ergonomics and comfort, featuring:
- The world's first single-beam aircraft seat, allowing more legroom.
- A seat base that moves in conjunction with recline, providing more comfort.
- Multi-adjustable headrest and cushioned armrests.
- Cushioning designed for side-sleep.
- Unique netted "footnet" leg support.
- Business and connectivity features including PC power, USB and internet ports and in-seat telephone with reply SMS functionality.
- State-of-the-art entertainment system and IFE with over 1,500 on-demand audio and video entertainment choices.
Find out more about Qantas A380 Economy.