Qantas Centre of Service Excellence
In January 2009, we opened the Qantas Centre of Service Excellence in Sydney - a $10 million investment in customer service excellence and our employees.
The Centre brings all service training under the one roof, fosters collaboration and interaction both within and across teams and equips employees with skills and knowledge to deliver an exceptional experience at every stage of the customer's journey.
The first major learning and development initiative to be staged at the Centre will see over 18,000 Qantas employees undertake 'eXceptional' service training. Delivered in more than 130 cross-functional sessions, approximately 120 telesales, cabin crew, pilots, airports, and corporate employees will undertake the one-day training program three times a week throughout 2009.
The Centre features:
- Customer experience zones dedicated to our First, International Business, Premium Economy, International Economy, Domestic and QantasLink product offerings.
- A 126-seat auditorium.
- A central Piazza area and eight metre central stage.
- Four cabin crew training pods.
- A Qantas Innovation Zone, sponsored by Panasonic and designed to capture employees' ideas and initiatives for exceptional service.
- An Internet workstation area.
- Epicurean and Wine training rooms.
- Image and Presentation rooms.
- 12 additional learning and development rooms.