Flights to Australia
Australia is a perfect holiday destination with so many unique experiences. Soak up the urban style in Melbourne, sail around Sydney Harbour or dive the Great Barrier Reef. Even if you have visited before, there is so much to see and do in this land of inspiring outback, vibrant coastal cities and ancient indigenous culture. With many travel periods on sale, this is a great opportunity to leverage holidays like Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving or Valentine's Day! Be sure to book early for the best date options.
Economy flights to Australia start at $1,378* round trip travel from Los Angeles. Start your flights to Australia between 3 May and 8 June 2014 or between 24 July and 13 September 2014 or between 1 November and 30 November 2014 or between 1 February and 28 February 2015, unless otherwise stated. Tickets are non-refundable, but you may cancel without charge any ticket purchased in the US within 24 hours of ticketing when purchase is one week or more prior to departure of the first flight in the itinerary. Seats are limited and may not be available on every flight. Other restrictions apply.
Offer ends Tuesday, 22 April 2014.
Outbound Travel Period
Round trip from*
|Melbourne||3 May - 8 Jun 2014 or 24 Jul - 13 Sep 2014 or 1-30 Nov 2014 or 1-28 Feb 2015||$1,459||Book on desktop||Book on mobile|
|Sydney||3 May - 8 Jun 2014 or 24 Jul - 13 Sep 2014 or 1-30 Nov 2014 or 1-28 Feb 2015||$1,474||Book on desktop||Book on mobile|
|Brisbane||3 May - 8 Jun 2014 or 24 Jul - 13 Sep 2014 or 1-30 Nov 2014 or 1-28 Feb 2015||$1,474||Book on desktop||Book on mobile|
Outbound Travel Period
Round trip from*
|Sydney||26 Jul - 13 Sep 2014 or 2-30 Nov 2014 or 1-28 Feb 2015||$1,674||Book on desktop||Book on mobile|
|Brisbane||26 Jul - 13 Sep 2014 or 2-30 Nov 2014 or 1-28 Feb 2015||$1,690||Book on desktop||Book on mobile|
|Melbourne||26 Jul - 13 Sep 2014 or 2-30 Nov 2014 or 1-28 Feb 2015||$1,698||Book on desktop||Book on mobile|
Advertised fares valid on Qantas flight numbers QF8 or QF7 between Dallas/Fort Worth and Sydney. Some routing options include Qantas codeshare flights operated by American Airlines. An additional $4.50 airport Passenger Facility Charge applies for each codeshare flight departure.
Outbound Travel Period
Round trip from*
|Sydney||3 May - 8 Jun 2014 or 24 Jul - 13 Sep 2014 or 1-30 Nov 2014 or 1-28 Feb 2015||$1,669||Book on desktop||Book on mobile|
|Brisbane||3 May - 8 Jun 2014 or 24 Jul - 13 Sep 2014 or 1-30 Nov 2014 or 1-28 Feb 2015||$1,678||Book on desktop||Book on mobile|
|Melbourne||3 May - 8 Jun 2014 or 24 Jul - 13 Sep 2014 or 1-30 Nov 2014 or 1-28 Feb 2015||$1,663||Book on desktop||Book on mobile|
Advertised fares valid on Qantas flight numbers QF108 or QF107 between New York (JFK) and Sydney. Some routing options include Qantas codeshare flights operated by American Airlines. An additional $4.50 airport Passenger Facility Charge applies for each codeshare flight departure.
There may be lower fares or other travel dates available but not enough seats to allow us to advertise. If your travel dates are flexible, use the 'Flexible with dates' option to find the best airfare.
Great fares for other travel periods are also available.
Why Choose Qantas
- Sit back and relax in our ergonomically designed slimline seats with built-in lumbar support for your comfort. Features such as adjustable headrests and reclination in your seat are sure to keep you comfortable for the duration of your journey.
- Onboard the Qantas A380 fleet and refurbished B747 aircraft our seats offer a softer sliding base, netted footrest and more legroom for additional comfort on longer journeys.
- Our refreshed Economy meal service has been customised based on flight duration and time of day. This means a more intuitive offering, providing you with more flexibility and choice. All flights now offer a range of light refreshments with a Bodum tea and coffee service.
- On selected international flights, you will be treated to a continuous refreshment service every 60-90 minutes and to add variety, a third main meal option for long haul flights and a dedicated self serve snack bar onboard the A380 and refurbished B747 aircraft.
- Sit back and watch our on-demand in-flight entertainment systems, available throughout your journey. You can access 1500 options on our A380 and refurbished B747 aircraft through either control or touch screen operated monitors.
- Our options include a variety of movies, TV programs, CD playlists, moving maps, interactive games and radio channels. Another feature includes the option to place personal phone calls and reply to text messages using your entertainment system control.
- Complimentary comfort kits are offered on selected flights to help you stay refreshed. Your handy zip lock pouch contains eyeshades, toothbrush and toothpaste, as well as socks on request.
- If you are travelling long haul you will be provided with a soft blanket and cotton pillow to keep you cosy throughout your flight.
- QANTAS is an acronym that stands for Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services.
- Australia is closer than you think. Flying to Australia from the west coast is only 14 hours, the same time it takes to fly to most European destinations from the western US.
- We are the only airline to fly the A380 between the US and Australia.
- On 16 November 2014, we celebrated 93 years of flying. See our evolving look.
Stay up to date with Qantas
Sign up for Qantas Fare Alerts from the US!:
To locate the best fare availability
- Select the 'flexible with dates' option when starting your search (only available on point-to-point fares without stopovers). Seats are very limited. Better availability can be found for travelling Mondays to Thursdays. Fares displayed in your search results will be 'each way' including all taxes and fees.
- Sort your flight results 'by price' to locate our lowest priced options for your selected dates. Note: The lowest price option may include a connecting flight in another city.
If you're interesting in spending time in more than one city
- Itineraries with stopovers (where you'll spend more than 24 hours in two different cities), must be booked through our Multi-City tool.
Qantas Airways Reservation Assistance
If you would like to contact Qantas Airways reservations, call 1 800 227 4341.#
Customers in the US who are deaf or who have a hearing or speech impairment can call via the National Relay Service by dialling 711, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Communication Assistants at the National Relay Service will assist customers by contacting Qantas Airways on 1 800 227 4341.
Travel safely with QBE Travel Insurance.
QBE Insurance Corporation underwrites and offers travel insurance to those passengers booking flights on Qantas Airways from the United States to worldwide destinations.
The QBE International Essentials Travel Protection and the QBE International Essentials Gold Travel Protection Insurance policies provide insurance coverage and assistance services for international travel.
- Reimbursement up to 100 percent of original flight cost if you need to cancel your trip due to illness, injury or other covered reasons;
- Trip delay and lost or stolen baggage coverage;
- Coverage for emergency medical evacuations including medical transportation and care;
- 24/7 worldwide assistance.
Buy your QBE Travel policy when you book a flight at qantas.com.
Terms and Conditions
Qantas flights operating on B747 or A380 equipment or a combination thereof depending on itinerary chosen.
A380 schedule subject to change and last minute change of aircraft.
# Airfare is an additional $30 for reservations made by telephone.
It is the passenger's responsibility to ensure all visa requirements are complied with.
Note: The US Department of Homeland Security and the US Department of State have suspended special international in-transit programs.