Flights to Cairns, Australia
Return Economy flights to Cairns from London Heathrow start at £923*
Now is the time to plan your exploration of stunning Tropical Cairns and the spectacular Great Barrier Reef. When you visit Cairns, you'll be at the gateway to the Tropical North - the perfect base for venturing out to the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef and Wet Tropics Rainforest. For adventure, nature and eco enthusiasts, there are so many ways to explore the Tropical North, and with these great Qantas deals, now is the perfect time to get away to Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef.
Return Economy flights to Cairns from London Heathrow via Dubai and Sydney start from £923 for departures between 9 April and 30 June 2015, Monday to Thursday.* Offer ends 22 October 2014, unless sold out before. Availability may be limited.
Start your Australian adventure with Qantas.
Book Your Flights to Cairns
Be tempted, entertained or simply relax in Qantas International Economy. Enjoy our inflight service including award-winning entertainment on demand and delicious meal choices.
|Cabin||Return from:*||Departure dates||Book by|
|9 April to 30 June 2015 |
28 October to 7 December 2014
|22 October 2014|
- Flights operate via Dubai and Sydney.
- Prices based on Prices based on departure Monday to Thursday. A surcharge of £20 per passenger per booking applies for Friday to Sunday departures.
- Fares may not be available on all flights.
Book Now, Pay Later
With Book Now, Pay Later, you can hold your seat with a £15 holding deposit per passenger and enjoy the freedom of paying the rest closer to your departure date. Conditions apply. Book Now, Pay Later may be not available for all special fare offers.±
Premium Economy and Business fares
Flights to other Australian cities
Check out our complete range of deals on flights to Australia.
Plus, when you fly Qantas to Australia, you could save on your Australian domestic flights with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Flights from UK regional cities
In addition to our double daily flights from London Heathrow, you can fly on Qantas codeshare flights operated by Emirates from Birmingham, Glasgow, London (Heathrow and Gatwick), Manchester or Newcastle to Dubai, and connect to our Australian flights.
Search fares for flights to Australia from UK regional cities.
Australian Domestic Flights
Experience Australia like a local and go walkabout.
If you book your Australian domestic flights at the same time as your Qantas international flights, you could save with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Take advantage of our extensive domestic flight network to discover more of Australia. With more than 20 destinations within Australia to choose from, experience the hustle of the largest cities to the remote outback.
Choose the multi-city option when making your booking to Australia to include the Qantas Walkabout Pass.#
Flying with Us
Flights to Australia with Qantas
- Daily flights from London Heathrow via Sydney.
- Take advantage of our unrivalled Australian network and choose from more than 50 destinations to explore.
- Fly the award-winning Qantas A380, operating daily flights from London Heathrow to Sydney and Melbourne, and choose from four travel classes - First, International Business, International Premium Economy and International Economy.
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on every flight.+
Discover North Queensland
Uncover the secrets of Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef, a place of vast beauty and natural wonders and the only place on earth where two World Heritage areas meet.
Must do's in and around Cairns
- Fly to breakfast on the reef - imagine champagne and tropical fruit for two with only sand and sea around you. Make it real by indulging in the ultimate start to the day with a scenic helicopter or seaplane flight over the Great Barrier Reef for breakfast on a deserted sand cay or island.
- Port Douglas to Cape Tribulation - steep, rainforest-clad mountains part for cane farms on the drive north from Port Douglas. Cross the mighty Daintree River on the car ferry then meander through lush World Heritage rainforest watching for cassowaries and stopping for a view of the Great Barrier Reef before reaching Cape Tribulation.
- Take an iconic tour of the rainforest - marvel at the engineering genius of the Kuranda Scenic Rail line as you wind through the spectacular Barron Gorge in a 120 year old rail carriage. Shop in Kuranda for local handicrafts at the markets or follow an arts trail before descending above the rainforest canopy on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- Try a new way to see the reef - zoom underwater on a motorised scooter, keep your hair dry on a helmet dive or soar above the Great Barrier Reef on a parasailing adventure. The enormity of the reef is matched by its diversity of experiences with sail boats, fast catamarans, helicopters and seaplanes ready to take you there.
- Discover Aboriginal history - explore a dramatic landscape of caves rich with Aboriginal paintings near Cooktown. Visit the Rainforest Serpent Cave and an ancestral birth site while listening to the stories of the people and their survival techniques.
Need more ideas or information?
Maximum stay: Return travel from the last international stopover must commence no later than 12 months after initial departure.
Children and Infants: Discounts apply on international routes.
Rebooking: Date changes on international flights permitted at £100 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Rerouting: £100 per reroute plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxesand subject to a local service fee.
Cancellations: A cancellation fee of £200 applies.
Local service fees: Local service fees apply for any changes to both e-tickets and paper tickets.
Queensland images - Tourism Austalia and Tourism and Events Queensland
Sydney Harbour image - Kajo Merkert, Destination NSW