Flights to Sydney, Australia
Return Economy flights to Sydney from London Heathrow start at £791*
Sydney is one of the greatest cities in the world. Its sparkling harbour, stunning beaches, iconic buildings, award-winning restaurants, world-class events and uniquely vibrant culture make it a must-see destination. Within easy reach of Sydney there are pristine beaches, World Heritage-listed national parks, distinctive wine regions, subtropical rainforest and spectacular coastal drives just waiting to be explored.
With these Qantas deals on flights to Sydney, you'll love every second in Sydney and New South Wales.
Return Economy flights to Sydney from London Heathrow via Dubai start from £791 for departures between 8 April and 30 June 2015, Monday to Thursday, for bookings made three days before departure.* Offer ends 4 September 2014, unless sold out before. Availability may be limited.
Flights to Sydney
Be tempted, entertained or simply relax in Qantas International Economy. Enjoy our inflight service including award-winning entertainment on demand and delicious meal choices.
|Cabin||Return from:*||Departure dates||Book by|
|Economy||£791||8 April and 30 June 2015||4 September 2014|
|Premium Economy||£2,508||22 August to 30 November 2014 |
16 January to 19 April 2015
|31 December 2014|
|Business||£3,818||22 August to 31 December 2014||31 December 2014|
- Flights operate via Dubai.
- Prices based on departure Monday to Thursday. A surcharge of £20 per passenger per booking applies for Friday to Sunday departures.
- For Business fares, book at least 21 days before departure.
- Fares may not be available on all flights.
Book Now, Pay Later
With Book Now, Pay Later, you can hold your seat with a £15 holding deposit per passenger and enjoy the freedom of paying the rest closer to your departure date. Conditions apply. Book Now, Pay Later may be not available for all special fare offers.±
Premium Economy and Business fares
Flights to other Australian cities
Check out our complete range of deals on flights to Australia.
Plus, when you fly Qantas to Australia, you could save on your Australian domestic flights with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Flights from UK regional cities
In addition to our double daily flights from London Heathrow, you can fly on Qantas codeshare flights operated by Emirates from Birmingham, Glasgow, London (Heathrow and Gatwick), Manchester or Newcastle to Dubai, and connect to our Australian flights.
Search fares for flights to Australia from UK regional cities.
Discover Sydney and Beyond
Sydney is Australia's largest and most famous city. From the dramatic silhouette of the Sydney Opera House, the arch of the Harbour Bridge and stunning natural beauty of Sydney Harbour, Sydney's iconic experiences will leave you captivated.
Surrounding Sydney, the breathtaking World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley wine region and the New South Wales South Coast's stunning beaches are all an easy drive. Head north of Sydney and follow the surf and sun along the coast on the Legendary Pacific Coast Touring Route from Sydney to Byron Bay.
Must do's in Sydney and New South Wales
- Tour the Sydney Opera House - explore the inside of the World Heritage-listed Sydney Opera House or take in the symphony, ballet, opera or theatre.
- Cruise on Sydney Harbour - explore Sydney Harbour from a yacht, cruise ship or coffee or dinner cruise, and gain a closer look at what makes up its beautiful foreshore.
- Explore Sydney's glorious beaches - from the hip and picturesque Bondi Beach to family-friendly Manly Beach.
- Meet a koala - get up close to Australia's native wildlife at one of Sydney's award winning zoos, wildlife parks, nature tours or aquarium.
- Explore Sydney's surrounds - discover the Hunter Valley, one of Australia's oldest wine growing regions or hike in the World Heritage listed-Blue Mountains.
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge - conquer Sydney's iconic Harbour Bridge as you climb 500 feet to its apex for spectacular views of the city and harbour.
- Discover an idyllic paradise - less than two hours flight from Sydney, Lord Howe Island has over 50 dive sites and is home to over 100 unique species of plant and bird life.
Need more ideas or information?
Australian Domestic Flights
Experience Australia like a local and go walkabout.
If you book your Australian domestic flights at the same time as your Qantas international flights, you could save with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Take advantage of our unrivalled domestic Australian network to discover more of New of South Wales including the beauty of Lord Howe Island, Ballina - gateway to Byron Bay, and Coffs Harbour along the New South Wales North Coast and on the Waterfall Way.
With over 20 destinations to choose from, experience the hustle of the largest cities including Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane; to the remote outback of Alice Springs and Ayers Rock (Uluru); and holiday getaways of Broome and the Gold Coast.
Choose the multi-city option when making your booking to Australia to include the Qantas Walkabout Pass.#
Flying with Us
Benefits of flying with Qantas to Australia
- Daily flights from London Heathrow to Sydney.
- Take advantage of our unrivalled Australian network and choose from more than 50 destinations to explore.
- Fly the award-winning Qantas A380 from London Heathrow to Sydney, and choose from four travel classes - First, International Business, International Premium Economy and International Economy.+
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on every flight.~
Maximum stay: Return travel from the last international stopover must commence no later than 12 months after initial departure.
Children and Infants: Discounts apply on international routes.
Economy: Date changes on international flights permitted at £100 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Premium Economy: Date changes on international flights permitted at £75 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Business: Date changes on international flights permitted at £300 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Economy: A cancellation fee of £200 applies.
Premium Economy: A cancellation fee of £200 applies.
Business: A cancellation fee of £500 applies.
Local service fees: Local service fees apply for any changes to both e-tickets and paper tickets.
Fireworks over Sydney Harbour - Hamilton Lund
Sailing Sydney Harbour - Toby Burrows
Tamarama Beach, Sydney - Hamilton Lund
Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island
Sailing on Sydney Harbour - Pierre Toussaint