Flights to Sydney, Australia
Return Economy flights to Sydney from London Heathrow start at £801*
Sydney is one the most cosmopolitan and dynamic cities in the world. Its sparkling harbour, stunning beaches, iconic buildings, award-winning restaurants, world-class events and uniquely vibrant culture make it a must-see destination. Within easy reach of Sydney there are pristine beaches, World Heritage-listed national parks, distinctive wine regions, subtropical rainforest and spectacular coastal drives just waiting to be explored.
With these Qantas deals on flights to Sydney, you'll love every second in Sydney and New South Wales.
Return Economy flights to Sydney from London Heathrow via Dubai start from £801 for departures between 1 February and 17 March, and 28 March and 30 June 2016, Sunday to Thursday.* Offer ends 10 December 2015, unless sold out before. Availability may be limited.
Flights to Sydney
Be tempted, entertained or simply relax in Qantas International Economy. Enjoy our inflight service including award-winning entertainment on demand and delicious meal choices.
|Cabin||Return from:*||Departure dates||Book by|
|Economy||£801||1 February to 17 March 2016 |
28 March to 30 June 2016
|10 December 2015|
|Premium Economy||£2,114||19 November to 7 December 2016 |
1 April to 30 June 2016
|31 December 2015|
|Business||£3,758||18 December 2015 to 30 September 2016 |
Note: flights must be booked at least 21 days in advance of travel
|10 December 2015|
- Flights operate via Dubai.
- Prices based on departures Monday to Thursday. A surcharge of £20 per passenger per booking applies for Friday and Saturday departures.
- Fares may not be available on all flights.
Book Now, Pay Later
With Book Now, Pay Later, you can hold your seat with a £15 holding deposit per passenger and enjoy the freedom of paying the rest closer to your departure date. Conditions apply. Book Now, Pay Later may be not available for all special fare offers.±
Premium Economy and Business fares
Flights to other Australian cities
Check out our complete range of deals on flights to Australia.
Plus, when you fly Qantas to Australia, you could save on your Australian domestic flights with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Flights from UK regional cities
In addition to our double daily flights from London Heathrow, you can fly on Qantas codeshare flights operated by Emirates from Birmingham, Glasgow, London (Heathrow and Gatwick), Manchester or Newcastle to Dubai, and connect to our Australian flights.
Search fares for flights to Australia from UK regional cities.
Discover Sydney and beyond
Sydney is Australia's largest and most famous city, home to a stunning harbour, beautiful beaches, historic landmarks, award-winning restaurants and a vibrant culture. Sydney offers fantastic experiences to suit every traveller from surfing and snorkelling to luxury shopping, plus an exciting calendar of events - you'll love every second!
Beyond Sydney, explore the breath-taking World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains, sip wine in Australia's oldest wine region, the Hunter Valley, and enjoy the stunning beaches of the New South Wales South Coast. Plus, head north and you'll discover the miles of surf and sun along the Legendary Pacific Coast Touring Route from Sydney to Byron Bay.
Must do's in Sydney and New South Wales
Food & Wine
Treat yourself to a mouth-watering taste of Sydney's best food and wine, served in stunning locations around the city. Venture beyond Sydney to explore New South Wales' famous wineries and sample award-winning wines at local cellar doors.
- Enjoy award-winning Sydney restaurants, including Quay, Café Sydney and the Rockpool Bar & Grill
- Discover Hunter Valley wineries and other wine regions, including Mudgee, Griffith and the Riverina, Southern Highlands, Poachers Way and Orange
- Enjoy gourmet produce at New South Wales Farmers Markets in Sydney, Byron Bay, Orange, Thirlmere and Pyrmont
The New South Wales coast stretches for over 1500km and features almost 900 beaches from Sydney's famed harbour and ocean beaches to seven of Australia's National Surfing Reserves. Enjoy stunning beaches on Sydney's doorstep, famous surf on the North Coast and hidden gems on the South Coast.
- Explore famous Sydney beaches including Bondi, Manly, Bronte and Coogee
- Walk the Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk
- Get on the water with Sydney Harbour Kayaks
- Relax on pristine white sands in Jervis Bay
- Learn to surf in Byron Bay
Heritage & Culture
Sydney is Australia's cultural capital, with iconic landmarks, world-class entertainment and exhibitions, plus a packed calendar of events. You can also explore fascinating Aboriginal culture in Sydney and New South Wales as the state is home to the largest Aboriginal population in Australia.
- Tour the Sydney Opera House or take in a symphony, ballet, opera or a show
- Cruise on Sydney Harbour
- Admire art at the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia (MCA) and the Art Gallery of NSW
- Learn about native plants at the Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney with an Aboriginal guide
Nature & Wildlife
With its rich environment of bushland, pockets of rainforest, green open spaces and coastal strips, there are a whole host of places across New South Wales where you can see animals in their natural habitat, including national parks, state forests and reserves.
- Get up close at Sydney zoos, wildlife parks, nature tours and the aquarium
- Hike in the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains
- Explore secluded Lord Howe Island
- Spot dolphins in Jervis Bay
- Kayak with sea turtles in Byron Bay
Adventure & Sport
If the instinct for adventure travel runs in your blood, New South Wales is the destination for you, with its diversity of terrain and climate giving you plenty of choice for activities.
- Climb Sydney Harbour Bridge with BridgeClimb
- Enjoy Sand Dune Adventures in Port Stephens
- Skydive the Beach in Sydney
- Hike in Mungo National Park
Including world-class sporting events, musicals and festivals, Sydney has a year-round calendar of fabulous events. Check out what's on in Sydney and start planning your trip.
- Vivid Sydney
- Sydney Festival
- Sydney Mardi Gras
- New Year's Eve
- HANDA Opera on Sydney Harbour
Need more ideas or information?
Australian Domestic Flights
Experience Australia like a local and go walkabout.
If you book your Australian domestic flights at the same time as your Qantas international flights, you could save with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Take advantage of our unrivalled domestic Australian network to discover more of New of South Wales including the beauty of Lord Howe Island, Ballina - gateway to Byron Bay, and Coffs Harbour along the New South Wales North Coast and on the Waterfall Way.
With over 20 destinations to choose from, experience the hustle of the largest cities including Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane; to the remote outback of Alice Springs and Ayers Rock (Uluru); and holiday getaways of Broome and the Gold Coast.
Choose the multi-city option when making your booking to Australia to include the Qantas Walkabout Pass.#
Benefits of flying with Qantas to Australia
- Daily flights from London Heathrow to Sydney.
- Take advantage of our unrivalled Australian network and choose from more than 50 destinations to explore.
- Fly the award-winning Qantas A380 from London Heathrow to Sydney, and choose from four travel classes - First, International Business, International Premium Economy and International Economy.+
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on every flight.~
Maximum stay: Return travel from the last international stopover must commence no later than one month after initial departure.
Children and Infants: Discounts apply on international routes.
Economy: Date changes on international flights permitted at £200 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Premium Economy: Date changes on international flights permitted at £75 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Business: Date changes on international flights permitted at £300 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Economy: A cancellation fee of £300 applies.
Premium Economy: A cancellation fee of £200 applies.
Business: A cancellation fee of £500 applies.
Local service fees: Local service fees apply for any changes to both e-tickets and paper tickets.
Sydney - Destination NSW
Sailing Sydney Harbour - Destination NSW