Getaway to Thailand
The spectacular Land of Smiles has much to offer - from sumptuous cuisine and pristine beaches to exotic shopping and diverse nightlife, Thailand has it all.
Qantas operates daily flights from Bangkok to Sydney, making it easy to experience the eclectic city's sights and sounds. There's something for everyone, with Thailand's mix of world-standard golf courses, exotic cooking classes, relaxing spas, tranquil temples and ancient jungles.
Whether you are escaping for a relaxing break, extending your business trip or exploring Bangkok and beyond, Thailand is a great destination for a hit of southeast Asian culture.
Jet off to exotic Thailand today - check out our flights, hotel offers, activities, experiences and more below.
The hustle and bustle of Bangkok is the perfect way to discover the different faces of Thailand.
Book at qantas.com today and you'll enjoy.
- Earn points if you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Enjoy fee free payment options
- Manage your booking online
- Pay with a mix of points and money^
Top tours and activities
- Bangkok Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaew Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Cooking classes at the Baipai Cooking School
- Bangkok activities
Phuket & Phi Phi
Phuket is a place where you're truly spoilt for choice. It's Thailand's largest Island and an easy 50 minute flight from Bangkok.
Settle in at your hotel of choice and then hit the beach and start exploring. Sunrise in Phuket is simply spectacular and if you are after even more beach time then head over to Phi Phi Island where the pristine waters offer the perfect place to swim, snorkel and fish.
Adventure doesn't end in Phuket once the sun goes down.
Whether you prefer street markets, fine dining, spa treatments, lively bars or a spot of shopping, it's all here.
Phuket Hotels & Resorts
Top things to do in Phuket
- See the electrifying spectacle of a traditional martial arts Muay Thai match
- Discover the spectacular limestone cliffs of Phang Nga Bay
- Unwind after a long day by taking in the sunset at Kata Beach
- Sate your appetite at one of the many local and international restaurants
If tranquillity and stunning landscapes is what you're after why not take a cruise to the breathtaking beauty of Thailand's Phi Phi Islands.
Some would argue that Chiang Mai is the cultural hub of Thailand. Awaken your senses in a traditional Thai village atmosphere. Visit temples in the city; replace buses with an elephant and take a ride through nearby mountainous landscapes and traditional villages. Or take a bamboo rafting tour to glimpse the beautiful terrain.
Chiang Mai Hotels
- Chiang Rai and Golden Triangle Day Tour
- Elephant Trek, Rafting and Hilltribe Village Tour
- Chang Mai activities
Top things to do in Chiang Mai
- Trek through the jungle on the back of an elephant.
- Sample the culinary delights at The Anusan night market.
- Take a guided tour on a bamboo raft down the Mae Taeng River.
Koh Samui & Koh Phangan
Spectacular beaches and post card sunsets; what's not to love about the island of Koh Samui? This island paradise, in the Gulf of Thailand is an easy one hour flight south of Bangkok.
There is so much to discover in Koh Samui. Ancient temples, exotic wildlife, world renowned spas, adventure sports and a thriving night life - it's all here.
If you're wondering where to start, you can't go past Ang Thong Marine National Park. This natural wonder is the perfect place to take your snorkel gear, beach towel and a keen sense of adventure.
Koh Samui Hotels & Resorts
- Koh Nang Yuan and Koh Tao Snorkeling Tour
- Koh Samui Island Safari and Elephant Ride
- Koh Samui activities
Top thing to do in Koh Samui
- Explore the exotic wildlife at Ang Thong National Marine Park
- Connect with your spiritual side at the Big Buddha shrine and pick up some lucky charms at the neighbouring market
- Pamper yourself with an indulgent spa treatment or a traditional Thai massage
- Try your hand at making your own authentic Thai dish at a cooking school
The island haven of Koh Phangan is a sea lover's playground and is only a short boat cruise from Koh Samui.
The waters of Koh Phangan are pristine, uncrowded and perfect for diving, snorkelling and swimming. The island is also home to the renowned Full Moon festival. The place is abuzz with activities and is an experience not to be missed for the young, or the young at heart.
Koh Phangan Hotels & Resorts
Top things to do in Koh Phangan
- Get active and beach hop your way around in a Kayak
- Salute the sun at sunrise with a beach yoga session
- Party the night away at one of the many bars, or let your hair down dancing at a full moon party
No trip is complete without travel insurance.
QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited offers a range of travel insurance policies to suit different requirements.
Qantas Frequent Flyers can earn I point per A$1 spent on insurance policies.~
Did you know that Qantas Frequent Flyers can now use their points to pay for travel insurance? Find out more.