Graduate Program - Information Technology
On our IT Program, you will have the opportunity to use leading edge technology to provide solutions to resolve complex business problems related to the airline industry and support the Qantas business to deliver enhanced value. Throughout the four 6 month rotations, you will experience working with a variety of systems and technology and build your skills to develop, maintain and support every area of the airline's operations.
The IT stream is designed to help you develop as a business professional in an IT environment with both a strong customer service and business focus. The Program complements your tertiary education by providing integrated technical and professional skills development opportunities aligned to the strategic direction of our business and is designed to help you establish a fulfilling and dynamic career.
What we're looking for
- A credit average or higher in an IT related degree or a business degree with a strong interest in IT
- Strong interpersonal skills & customer focus
- Clear written & oral communication skills
- A demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving
- A passion for getting results
Critical for us is your ability to stay motivated in challenging circumstances and to enjoy moving around and working with a range of people in a variety of teams.
The following will also be highly regarded;
- Relevant work experience
- Academic honours, awards, scholarships & prizes
- Study exchange programs
- Leadership experience in a professional, community or extra-curricular environment
What we offer
As a participant on the program, you will enjoy rotational assignments that provide you with broad exposure to our business as well as a competitive market salary and a variety of unique lifestyle benefits. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of community activities that we are involved in. To find out more click here.
Graduate roles are primarily located in Sydney; however, if you are not living in Sydney, we provide a relocation assistance package to help with your move.
Training & Development
While we expect you to work hard and do your best, we will give you the skills and knowledge to get there. We place significant investment in the training and development of our graduates. In addition to regular development sessions with your fellow graduates we will support you to attend formal training programs
- Technical training such as computer software and project management
- Soft skills training such as persuasive communication and motivation
- Qantas training such as cultural awareness and customer service
- Support for role specific training where business benefit can be substantiated.
Graduates also participate in a formal performance planning and review process where you will receive frequent feedback and help with development planning.
What you'll be working on
Typical work assignments may include:
- Report development & production for tracking of IT strategic objectives
- Project, people, financial & operational portfolio reporting
- Service level management administration and analysis
- IT service issues & escalation management
- Business & functional requirements elicitation
- Support strategy development
- Business proposal creation
- Site Acceptance Testing
- Training development & facilitation
- Business consulting & benefits realisation analysis
- Strategy development and implementation
- Operational Process Improvement
- Business Analysis
At Qantas, to enhance the professional skills and business acumen of our IT specialists, all development work including programming, all infrastructure administration such as desktop support and networking and most technical administration functions have been outsourced to various service providers.
Where you'll be working
We're a large organisation with a broad range of areas to explore. So the great thing is you're never going to run out of options and challenges in the IT stream. Your rotations may include:
- Working on operational projects such as Transformational initiatives, Supplier Management, Operational Process Improvement, Contract compliance, Intranet redevelopment and Asset Management.
- Working within the IT groups that support key segment areas such as IT Governance, Commercial Relationships, Architecture, Business Relationship Management and Vendor Management.
Where you can go after the program
You will find a diverse number of career paths within Qantas that lead to more senior roles. We will work with you to determine your areas of interest and the positions that are best suited to your abilities and desired career path.
Past graduates are currently working in a number of different roles including Change Manager Jetstar, Business Analyst Loyalty IT Services and Consultant Segment Services.
Applications for the 2014 Graduate program are now closed.