What we look for
You will have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, a credit average in a general or specialist degree and a demonstrated commitment to extra curricular activities. To succeed, you will be resilient with strong communication and analytical skills and be able to establish good working relationships.
People who have joined the Qantas Graduate Program and are seen as most successful have some characteristics in common, beginning with a passion for getting results, customer focus and strong interpersonal skills. They also demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving and are clear communicators. Qantas Graduates are adaptable, able to stay motivated in challenging circumstances and relish the opportunity to move around and work with different teams over their rotations.
For our 2014 Graduate program we are anticipating recruiting into the following streams:
General (Corporate, Customer & Operations, Commercial)
You will have a general discipline degree such as aviation, business, commerce or economics and a desire to work across a diverse range of business areas specialising in Corporate, Customer & Operations, or Commercial.
You will have an accounting major or degree and a desire to work in areas such as financial and management accounting, treasury, performance planning and reporting and taxation. You will possess strong quantitative and analytical skills as well as excellent communication and business writing abilities.
You will have an IT related degree or a business degree with an interest in IT. You will experience a true blend of business and IT encompassing vendor management, business relationship management, architecture and IT governance.You will possess a sound aptitude in information technology, strong analytical skills as well as outstanding communication and business writing abilities.
You will have a business related undergraduate degree, holding a major or minor in a Human Resources related field. You will possess a thorough understanding of a broad range of HR / IR topics, strong analytical skills as well as exceptional communication and business writing abilities.
Applicants for all streams must meet the following minimum criteria
- Applicants must have Australian permanent residency or Australian or New Zealand citizenship at the time of application.
- Applicants must have completed a degree qualification or higher within the 3 years preceding the commencement of the program i.e. for the 2014 intake you must have completed your studies in 2011, 2012 or 2013.
- Applicants must have a credit average (65%) or higher.
- As all graduate positions are located at the Qantas offices in Mascot NSW, applicants must be willing to relocate to Sydney if offered a position.
- Applicants must agree to undertake a security clearance check to establish their eligibility to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
- Applicant must be able to commence work February 2014.
Additional Minimum Criteria for Finance Stream
- Applicants must have an Accounting major or minor.
- Applicants must be willing to complete their CA or CPA (fully sponsored).