Holiday in Australia
Return Economy flights to Perth from London Heathrow start at £686*
Australia is a perfect holiday destination with so many unique experiences. Take a tour of the world's sixth largest country and discover a range of adventures and activities that can't be matched anywhere else.
Fly to the vibrant city of Melbourne and lose yourself in the historic arcades and laneways, fine dining restaurants, chic cafes and shopping boutiques. Then venture out to the stunning coastline and picturesque towns along the Great Ocean Road.
Sydney, Australia's biggest city, hosts world famous icons like the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, as well as attractions such as Taronga Zoo and world renowned Bondi Beach. The city is hugged by the stunning Blue Mountains, perfect for a day trip.
Travel up the south east coast, to discover the Gold Coast and visit Brisbane, a city with a youthful energy and world class bars and restaurants.
No holiday to Australia would be complete without delving into its heart and marvelling at the majesty of Uluru (Ayers Rock) and the Northern Territory. Held sacred by the local Aboriginal people, the World Heritage site is a must-see.
Perth, the capital of Western Australia, boasts over 3,000 hours of sunshine a year, so you'll enjoy every minute of extraordinary WA. Explore more of this great state and fly to Exmouth to swim with the whalesharks at Ningaloo Reef or ride a camel along Cable Beach in Broome.
Return Economy flights to Perth start at £686 for departures between 1 and 30 November 2015, Sunday to Thursday.* Offer ends 14 January 2015, unless sold out before. Availability may be limited.
Take one of Qantas' flights to Australia and you'll arrive there in comfort on the award-winning Qantas A380 from London Heathrow, ready to embrace everything one of the world's most diverse and unique countries has to offer.
Book your Australian domestic flights at the same time as your Qantas international flights to benefit from the Qantas Walkabout Pass savings. Start your holiday in Australia today with Qantas.
Fly return Economy from London Heathrow
Be tempted, entertained or simply relax in Qantas International Economy. Enjoy our inflight service including award-winning entertainment on demand and delicious meal choices. A great start to your holiday in Australia.
|Flights to||Return Economy airfare from:*||Departure dates||Book by|
|Perth||£686||1 to 30 November 2015||14 January 2015|
|Adelaide||£751||1 to 30 November 2015||14 January 2015|
|Melbourne||£747||1 to 30 November 2015||14 January 2015|
|Sydney||£759||1 to 30 November 2015||14 January 2015|
|Brisbane||£755||1 to 30 November 2015||14 January 2015|
- Flights between London Heathrow and Australia operate via Dubai.
- Qantas codeshare flights between Dubai and each of Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth are operated by Emirates.
- Prices based on departure Sunday to Thursday. A surcharge of £20 per passenger per booking applies for Friday and Saturday departures.
- Fares may not be available on all flights.
A premium experience
At Qantas, we believe your flight should be as memorable as your destination.
Book Now, Pay Later
With Book Now, Pay Later, you can hold your seat with a £15 holding deposit per passenger and enjoy the freedom of paying the rest closer to your departure date. Conditions apply. Book Now, Pay Later may be not available for all special fare offers.+
Flights to other Australian cities
Check out our complete range of deals on flights to Australia.
Plus, when you fly Qantas to Australia, you could save on your Australian domestic flights with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Flights from UK regional cities
In addition to our double daily flights from London Heathrow, you can fly on Qantas codeshare flights operated by Emirates from Birmingham, Glasgow, London (Heathrow and Gatwick), Manchester or Newcastle to Dubai, and connect to our Australian flights.
Search fares for flights to Australia from UK regional cities.
Experience Australia like a local and go walkabout.
If you book your Australian domestic flights at the same time as your Qantas international flights, you could save with the Qantas Walkabout Pass.
Take advantage of our extensive domestic flight network to discover more of Australia. With more than 20 destinations within Australia to choose from, experience the hustle of the largest cities to the remote outback.
Choose the multi-city option when making your booking to Australia to include the Qantas Walkabout Pass.#
Hotels and Car Hire
View all our hotel specials including discounted rates and fantastic bonus offers. Plus, Qantas Frequent Flyers earn 3 points per A$1 spent on select partner hotels booked at qantas.com.^
Why not experience the wonder of Australia by car?
Get great low rates across four of Australia's leading car providers, plus there are no booking fees and Qantas Frequent Flyers can earn 3 points per A$1 spent^ on the Base Rate within Australia.+
+ Daily rate applicable to time and kilometre charges only.
Australia is a destination bursting with unique experiences. Whether you decide to sail around Sydney Harbour, see the natural wonder of Uluru (Ayers Rock) in Australia's Red Centre, dive the Great Barrier Reef from Cairns or soak up Melbourne's diverse urban culture, you will soon discover for yourself why there's nothing like Australia.
Some experiences that make a holiday in Australia unique
- Learn about Aboriginal Australia, the world's oldest living culture; encounter their art, storytelling, dance, music and land.
- Experience Australia's vibrant urban culture. Uncover modern cities, each different from the next, all a short drive from the mountains, oceans, rivers and bush.
- Explore 50,000km of beautiful uncrowded and unspoilt coastline. Stroll, drive, sail, swim, or simply relax and indulge in the laidback coastal lifestyle.
- Get a flavour of Australia's World-Class food and wine.
- See ancient rainforests, turquoise sea and wonderfully unique wildlife - get up close to nature in our 550 National Parks and 15 World-heritage listed wonders.
- Journey through Red deserts, open spaces and lush green waterholes where adventure awaits at every turn - the Aussie outback is the heart of our country.
- Trek, drive, ride or fly and create your own stories - Australia is a land of epic journeys.
- Take in a unique view of Sydney from the water by cruising around the Harbour.
- Enjoy a symphony, opera or guided tour of the World Heritage Listed Sydney Opera House.
- Capture a bird's eye view of Sydney and climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge with Bridge Climb.
- Catch a ferry from Circular Quay across Sydney Harbour and visit Manly Beach.
- Explore further afield and take a day trip to the Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley.
- Explore the city on foot, tram, bike or even by Harley Davidson, taking in its fabulous arts scene, boutique fashion houses, hidden bars and coffee shops.
- Experience one of the many events that Melbourne is so famous for: the Grand Prix, Australian Open, the Melbourne Cup, the International Comedy festival - the list is endless.
- Discover top swimming and surfing beaches, historic bayside villages and million dollar views on the picturesque Mornington Peninsula.
- Drive or stroll along the Great Ocean Road or why not experience it and its spectacular surrounds by air in a helicopter.
- Explore slightly further afield and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Yarra Valley.
Brisbane and surrounds highlights
- Sand toboggan and hand feed dolphins on a day trip to Moreton Island.
- Undertake the Story Bridge Adventure climb in Brisbane.
- Treat your taste buds with a day trip to Mt Tamborine and Canungra Valley Vineyards.
- Soar high and take a flight to Lady Elliot Island, on the Southern part of the Great Barrier Reef, where you can snorkel, swim or take an island walk.
- Soak up the food, wine, sun and sand in Noosa.
- Spend at least a day on the Barrier Reef, snorkel dive or enjoy the spectacular marine life and coral from a glass bottom boat.
- Visit Cape Tribulation where the rainforest meets the reef, a great place to kayak, horse ride or to explore on foot.
- Ride the scenic railway to the rainforest village of Kuranda and take some time to stroll round its famous markets.
- Visit the world heritage listed Daintree Rainforest.
- Feel secluded from the world and take the time to explore a few of the nearby islands, including Lizard Island and The Hayman Islands. Truly breathtaking!
- Cruise down the Swan River.
- Discover unique wild marine life with a day trip to Rottnest Island.
- Tempt your taste buds and taste the local produce in the Swan Valley wineries.
- Explore the markets, stop for a coffee or people watch in Fremantle.
- Enjoy a picnic in Kings Park and be surrounded by 400 hectares of bushland, manicured gardens and views of Perth city.
Adelaide and surrounds highlights
- Experience the tastes, sights and sounds of Adelaide Central Market - an international melting pot of food and cultures.
- Swim with dolphins at Glenelg, just 20 minute drive from Adelaide city centre.
- Mix wine tasting with stunning scenery at one of the world class wineries just outside Adelaide.
- Meet the local wildlife on a tour of nearby Kangaroo Island, an unforgettable experience.
- Enjoy the coastal lifestyle on one of Adelaide's fantastic beaches or people watch in one of the many cafés and restaurants on the promenades.
Darwin and surrounds highlights
- Hang out at the Mindil Beach sunset markets in Darwin.
- See saltwater crocs in their natural habitat on a cruise along the Adelaide river.
- Camp under the stars, swim in billabongs (when safe) and see ancient rock art on a small group tour at the World Heritage Listed Kakadu National Park.
- Discover Arnhem Land on a private tour - over 91,000km of unspoilt wilderness, famous for its Aboriginal Heritage, wild coastlines, towering escarpments, plus woodlands and wetlands that are teaming with wildlife.
- Cool off under the cascading waterfalls of Litchfield National Park.
Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Alice Springs highlights
- Visit the Uluru Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre at Uluru.
- Enjoy a magical dinner and dine under the stars at Tali Wiru at Uluru.
- Drive out or join a day tour to Kings Canyon and do the rim walk along the top.
- Learn about the pioneers at the Alice Springs Telegraph Station or the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
- Tee off on one of the best desert golf courses in the world.
- Enjoy combining delicious local produce and award winning wines set against a stunning scenic backdrop.
- Uncover Port Arthur's fascinating convict history on a day tip.
- Enjoy a stroll around many of Hobart's markets and browse its fantastic art galleries.
- For those adrenalin seekers, jump onboard and enjoy white water rafting down the Franklin River or Mountain bike down Mount Wellington.
- On the East coast of Tasmania is Wineglass Bay, renowned as one of the top ten beaches in the world. Go trekking across its jagged peaks, encounter unique wildlife and flowers and enjoy its deserted beaches.
Benefits of flying with Qantas to Australia
Maximum stay: Return travel from the last international stopover must commence no later than 12 months after initial departure.
Children and Infants: Discounts apply on international routes.
Rebooking: Date changes on international flights permitted at £100 per change within the ticket validity plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and are subject to a local service fee.
Rerouting: £100 per reroute plus any difference in the fare, carrier charges, fees and taxes and subject to a local service fee.
Cancellations: Cancellation fee of £200 applies.
Local service fees: Local service fees apply for any changes to both e-tickets and paper tickets.
Sydney Harbour - Tourism Australia;
Urban Screen - Destination NSW;
Great Barrier Reef - Tourism Tropical North Queensland;
Great Ocean Road - Tourism Victoria;
Outback - Tourism Northern Territory.