UPDATE: Impact to Qantas Services - Volcanic Ash in Europe
Sydney, 17 April 2010
Qantas has made further changes to its scheduled services on Sunday 18 April due to the continued closure of airspace in Europe.
All Qantas inbound and outbound services to London Heathrow and Europe will be cancelled.
However services between Australia and Asian destinations will operate as follows:
* QF1 will operate Sydney to Bangkok as scheduled
* QF31 will operate Sydney to Singapore as scheduled
* QF9 will operate Melbourne to Singapore as scheduled
* QF29 will operate Melbourne to Hong Kong as scheduled
QF5 Sydney to Singapore will be cancelled however all passengers will be accommodated on the scheduled QF31 service.
Qantas will continue to operate scheduled services between Asian destinations and Australia as follows:
* QF30 will operate Hong Kong to Melbourne as scheduled
* QF6 will operate Singapore to Sydney as scheduled
QF32 Singapore to Sydney has been cancelled however all passengers will be accommodated on the scheduled QF6 service.
Qantas inbound services from London Heathrow and Frankfurt on 18 April will be cancelled as follows:
* QF32 London to Singapore cancelled
* QF30 London to Hong Kong cancelled
* QF10 London to Singapore cancelled
* QF2 London to Bangkok cancelled
* QF6 Frankfurt to Singapore cancelled
Customers booked on affected flights are advised not to proceed to the airport.
Customers due to travel on cancelled services will be transferred to next available scheduled services or offered a refund. Next available services to Europe are not known at this time and cannot be confirmed until official notification from European authorities on when flights can resume.
Customers in Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangkok who have revised their travel plans to Europe and wish to return to Australia will be booked on the next available return services at no cost.
Qantas will be doing everything to meet passenger needs once flights into Europe are able to resume however access to UK and European airports will be difficult due to the backlog of flights from around the world. This situation would be likely to continue for some days.
Passengers are advised to check qantas.com for the latest information.
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (4058)