QantasLink unveils new inflight dining
Sydney, 02 February 2005
QantasLink today introduced a new style of inflight dining featuring menu items from regional producers including Maggie Beer, King Island Cheese and Byron Bay Cookie Company.
Executive General Manager Regional Airlines, Narendra Kumar, said that the new inflight dining focused on freshness and quality with meal and snack choices appropriate for the time of day.
"It will be consistent across the entire QantasLink regional network and complements the new Qantas domestic inflight service launched last year," he said.
Sample menus include:
* Breakfast refreshment -Temptation Bakery muffins, muesli bars and orange juice.
* Mid morning refreshment - Byron Bay Cookie or Emu Bottom wattle seed Anzac biscuits with water, tea and coffee.
* Lunch a variety of sandwiches including roast beef, chicken caesar, smoked ham and cheese, pastrami, turkey, and tomato and cheese.
* Afternoon refreshment - Cashews or almonds and Wholesome Bake Gourmet Muesli Slice with water, tea and coffee.
* Wine service (after 4.00pm) - Maggie Beer Pate or Birch and Waite savoury dips, Cheese, water crackers, and water will be offered with complimentary red or white wine, beer and soft drinks. Tea and coffee will be served on request.
Mr Kumar said the new inflight dining had been introduced after the airline had undertaken significant research and evaluation of the product range available and feedback from customer groups.
QantasLink offers more than 2,000 flights each week, serving 49 destinations throughout Australia and employing more than 1,000 people.
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (3207)