Qantas Premium Economy on the Pacific Route
Sydney, 23 May 2008
Qantas' new Premium Economy cabin is now available for sale on flights from Australia to Los Angeles.
Qantas Executive General Manager John Borghetti said Premium Economy would be available on selected services from Sydney to Los Angeles from 14 November 2008 and Melbourne to Los Angeles from 19 December 2008, with return fares (including taxes, levies and charges) starting from $3,999 ex Sydney and $4,080 ex Melbourne.
Mr Borghetti said the introduction of the new cabin on the Pacific Route followed its successful introduction on Qantas services to Bangkok, Hong Kong, Singapore, Johannesburg and London.
"We have been delighted with the complimentary customer feedback on Qantas' Premium Economy cabin, which demonstrates a clear place for a product of this type and quality. Forward bookings show high levels of demand," Mr Borghetti said.
Qantas Premium Economy offers:
* superior recline and leg room, nine inch seat recline and up to 42 inch seat pitch;
* extra wide 19.5 inch seats designed by Qantas Creative Director Marc Newson and manufactured by Recaro, with ergonomic cushioning and an adjustable headrest;
* in-arm touch screen video monitor;
* Neil Perry inspired menu with premium wines; and
* pre-take off refreshments - Champagne, orange juice and water.
"The new service also includes priority check-in, dedicated cabin crew, an additional hand baggage allowance, and priority boarding and disembarkation," Mr Borghetti said.
Mr Borghetti said Premium Economy would be added on Qantas services to Buenos Aires, New York and San Francisco during 2009.
Qantas currently operates six B747-400 aircraft offering Premium Economy, with 18 expected to be in operation by the end of the year. All Qantas A380s will also include a Premium Economy cabin.
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (Q3756)