Qantas Group boosts East Coast capacity
Sydney, 24 May 2012
Qantas and Jetstar will increase capacity on east coast routes by up to 25,800 seats per week during 2012/13.
Qantas Group Chief Executive Officer Alan Joyce said the Group was focused on delivering the best network, frequency and service for customers in key markets.
Qantas will add:
- 11 return services per week between Sydney and Melbourne from 9 July 2012
- 11 return services per week between Sydney and Brisbane from 23 August 2012
Jetstar will add:
- 21 return services per week between Sydney and Melbourne from 16 August 2012
- Seven return services per week between Sydney and Adelaide from 15 November 2012
- Seven return services per week between Sydney and Ballina-Byron from 18 April 2013
- Seven return services per week between Sydney and the Gold Coast from 18 April 2013
- Three return services per week between Adelaide and the Gold Coast from 18 April 2013
- Four return services per week between Newcastle and the Gold Coast from 18 April 2013
“The introduction of these services in 2012/13 will result in an increase of more than 496,000 additional Jetstar seats and 400,000 Qantas seats per year along the east coast,” said Mr Joyce.
“The additional capacity reflects the Qantas Group’s commitment to ensure our customers have the greatest choice, flexibility and product offering across a strong domestic network. We know that network and frequency are vital to customer satisfaction.
“With Qantas and Jetstar we have two complementary brands that enable us to respond to opportunities and changing market conditions.
“Qantas is increasing capacity and frequency on key business routes to provide greater flexibility for customers who prefer the benefits of travelling with a full service carrier.
“Jetstar is increasing capacity on key leisure routes, building on its tremendous success of offering low fares into holiday destinations like the Gold Coast.
“We know from experience that increasing the number of low fares in these markets will stimulate new travel demand.”
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (5401)