Qantas Meals Get Heart Foundation Tick of Approval
Sydney, 06 November 2006
Passengers on Qantas international flights from Australia can now choose from a selection of healthier choice meals, with Qantas becoming the first licensee of the National Heart Foundation of Australia's new Tick for meals eaten out.
Qantas Group General Manager Customer Product and Service, Ms Lesley Grant, said Qantas was the first airline in the world to provide third party approval of its healthier choice meal options.
“Achieving the Heart Foundation Tick of approval requires our meals to meet the most stringent nutrition and quality standards.
“We are committed to providing a variety of quality, healthy meals for our customers, which is why we have been working with the Heart Foundation as a trial partner since 2004,” Ms Grant said.
“All of our Tick meals have been independently tested to meet strict standards for serve size, saturated fat, salt and vegetable content.
“Our initial offering of six Tick approved meals is available to all International Economy customers travelling from Australia.”
Tick approved meals are clearly identified on inflight menus and with specially labelled meal lids.
The meals include:
- Chicken with Pesto and Tomato, Roast Potatoes and Steamed Vegetables
- Braised Beef with Fennel and Sage, Pumpkin Mash and Broccoli
- Steamed Fish with Green Pea and Mint Puree, Potato and Vegetables
- Mediterranean Style Chicken with Steamed Vegetables
- Chicken Korma with Pilaf Rice
- Chicken with Oyster Sauce, Jasmine Rice and Asian Vegetables
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (3500)