Update on Qantas Services
Sydney, 06 November 2010
Qantas has made updates to its scheduled services on Saturday 6 November and Sunday 7 November due to the grounding of its Airbus A380 fleet.
Qantas services are scheduled as follows:
- Today’s QF31 service (Sydney–Singapore), normally operated by an A380, will operate on an alternative aircraft, departing Sydney at 5:30pm local time. QF31 Singapore–London will operate on a British Airways aircraft
- QF11 (Sydney–Los Angeles) will now depart at 10:15pm on November 6
- QF8006 (Singapore–Sydney), the cancelled QF6 from 5 November, will now depart at 7:00am local time on 7 November
- QF5 (Sydney–Singapore–Frankfurt) scheduled to depart on 6 November will now depart at 8:25am local time on 7 November
- QF21 (Sydney–Tokyo) scheduled to depart on 6 November will now depart at 9:30am local time on 7 November.
Qantas is contacting customers regarding these flight changes and regular updates will be made available on qantas.com.
Qantas has done everything possible to assist customers in Singapore who have been provided with overnight accommodation and meals.
Customers in Los Angeles affected by Qantas’ suspension of A380 operations have also been accommodated, while arrangements are made to get them on flights to Australia as soon as possible.
Qantas continues to work closely with Rolls-Royce and Airbus to carry out maintenance checks on its fleet.
Further updates will continue to be provided on qantas.com.
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (5032)