Qantas to commence A380 services to Hong Kong
Sydney, 10 November 2011
Qantas today announced it will extend its A380 network to now include Hong Kong from January 2012*.
Qantas CEO, Alan Joyce said Hong Kong was a key market for Qantas and launching new product on the route was important for both the business and leisure market.
“Qantas will operate four return services per week between Sydney and Hong Kong from 15 January 2012,” Mr Joyce said.
“Our A380 fleet has continued to generate extremely positive feedback from our customers since its introduction, and we are pleased to now add another destination to our A380 network,”
Qantas will receive its eleventh and twelfth A380s later this year, providing capacity for four return services per week to Hong Kong. It will also mean A380 services between Melbourne and London (via Singapore) will increase from six flights per week to daily and services between Melbourne and Los Angeles will increase from four flights per week to daily.
QF127 Sydney-Hong Kong will operate from Sydney to Hong Kong with A380s on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and return on the same day as QF128 from Hong Kong to Sydney.
The Qantas A380 schedule now includes;
- Daily services between Sydney and London (via Singapore)
- Daily services between Melbourne and London (via Singapore) (from early December)
- Daily services between Sydney and Los Angeles
- Daily services between Melbourne and Los Angeles (from 17 January)
- Four flights per week between Sydney and Hong Kong (from 15 January)
To celebrate the launch of the new service, Qantas is offering a special sale fare from Sydney to Hong Kong for $AUD380 one way in Economy class and $AUD938 one way in Premium Economy Class.
“Qantas is set to offer passengers travelling to Hong Kong the latest in comfort and design. Our Creative Director Marc Newson has set a precedent in the long haul travel experience for customers wanting style and more space,” added Mr Joyce.
Qantas customers will enjoy the luxurious and spacious award winning First Class suites, new fully-flat Skybed sleeper seats, extra wide seats in Premium Economy with greater recline and legroom; and the award winning Economy class seat with the foot net for extra comfort.
* Subject to regulatory approval
* QF127 departs Sydney at 1145 local and arrives at 1750 local. QF128 departs Hong Kong at 1950 local and arrives at 0815 local (the following day).
Issued by Qantas Corporate Communication (5227)