Choose the payment type that suits you
When you book at qantas.com you can choose from a range of different payment options. Our fee free payment options include BPAY for bookings made 7 days or more before departure or Debit Card and the Qantas Cash® facility for bookings made within 7 days of departure.*
There are other ways to pay including (Book Now Pay Later) on selected fares and (Points Plus Pay), if you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer member. Alternatively, you can choose to pay via the card of your choice, subject to a fee. Select card payment to find out more.
If you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer or Qantas Business Direct member, you can save your credit or debit card details for the next time you book a flight and save time.
How to store your card
You can store up to three cards in total, one at a time, for future flight payments~
- Simply log in using your Frequent Flyer or Business Direct account before making your booking
- .When paying for your flight, select 'Save card details'
How to update your stored card details
Frequent Flyer Members:
- You can edit or delete stored cards by logging in to your Frequent Flyer profile
- Select 'Your Profile' from the left hand navigation panel
- Click the 'Payment Cards' tab and edit or delete your stored card details
Qantas Business Direct Members:
- Log in to your Business Direct profile
- Select 'Update Your Profile' from the left hand navigation panel
- Click the 'Payment Cards' tab and edit or delete your stored card details
You can use your debit or prepaid card to avoid the Card Payment Fee* when paying for bookings departing within 7 days. Alternatively, you can use BPAY to avoid the Card Payment Fee when paying for bookings at least 7 days before departure. All other card payments (excluding Qantas UATP cards) will incur a Card Payment Fee (per passenger, per booking)+.
Pay for your flight using one of the following options:
Note that cards will be subject to the following fees:
|Booking type (made in Australia)||Debit/Prepaid Card (bookings made 7 days or more before departure)||Credit/Charge card|
Dynamic Currency Conversion
If you are making a booking departing from Australia, UK,USA, or Singapore using an eligible card you can choose to pay in the same currency as your card currency using our Dynamic Currency Converter.
Simply enter your eligible card details on the Pay page and your ticket price will be converted to the currency of your card. You can then choose to pay in that currency or the original currency quoted.
Dynamic Currency Conversion is available for MasterCard and VISA cards issued in: AU dollars, US dollars, Canadian dollars, Euros, GBP, NZ dollars, Hong Kong dollars, and Singapore dollars.
Dynamic Currency Conversion Conditions
Dynamic Currency Conversion is not available for fares booking using Qantas Points, 'Book Now, Pay Later' bookings, or if you add other products such as carbon offset and travel insurance to your flight booking. You can purchase these products with your flight booking using the quoted currency.
If you choose to pay in the quoted currency with a card issued in another currency, the exchange rate and any conversion fees will be determined by your card provider. If you choose to accept the Dynamic Currency Conversion offer, the conversion amount shown will include a Qantas administration charge (which is non-refundable).
Any ticket refunds on tickets purchased using Dynamic Currency Conversion will be made in the quoted currency, at the quoted amount and the exchange rate applied to the refund amount will be determined by your card provider.
Qantas Cash® is an innovative MasterCard® prepaid payment facility conveniently built into the back of your Frequent Flyer membership card. Qantas Cash® is available to eligible members aged 16 years and over with an Australian residential mailing address.
You can load your card with multiple currencies including Australian Dollars to spend at home and abroad and earn Qantas Points** on every eligible purchase^^. Use Qantas Cash anywhere MasterCard is accepted electronically, including in store, at ATMs and online.
Use Qantas Cash when you book your flights with Qantas departing within 7 days and avoid the Card Payment Fee. Simply select Debit/Prepaid Card as your payment method.
We understand that it takes time to plan the perfect trip; so with Book Now, Pay Later you can hold your seat by paying a holding deposit for eligible Qantas fares and enjoy the freedom of paying the rest closer to your departure date.
The option to pay later and the length of time you have to pay will depend on your fare conditions and time until your chosen departure date.
Book Now Pay Later is available for the following types of bookings departing Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom:
Domestic bookings where all fare types are one of the following:
- Fully Flexible Economy
- Business Class
- Jetstar Max
- Return, one-way and multi-city (excluding Red e-Deals between Australia and New Zealand, and round-the-world fares).
Some international sale fares may not be eligible for Book Now, Pay Later close to the end of the sale.
Book Now, Pay Later is not available for the following fares:
- Red e-Deal for domestic and New Zealand flights
- Flexi Saver domestic Round-the-World
- Fares booked with Qantas Points
- Combined Qantas and Jetstar flights
- When insurance and/or Carbon Offset are chosen. You can choose to add these extras to your booking after you have made full payment; simply retrieve your booking at qantas.com/yourbooking.
How to hold your seat using Book Now, Pay Later
Securing the flights you want is as easy as 1-2-3
If your booking is eligible for Book Now, Pay Later this option will appear along with the date full payment is due on the Check page - just look for the Pay Later logo
- Simply book your eligible flights from Australia, New Zealand or United Kingdom
- Review and confirm your flight details
- Select the 'Pay Later' tab in the Payment section and pay your holding deposit
After you have paid your holding deposit, you will receive an email with the full details required for paying online.
Note that while your booking is on hold the total ticket price may change due to amendments in taxes, fees and carriers charges, as well as fare adjustments. Changes to bookings that are on hold using Book Now Pay Later are not permitted prior to full payment. Once full payment has been made, changes are permitted as per the fare rule.
How to pay for your booking:
- Retrieve your booking at Manage Your Booking
- Select the 'Pay Now' button
- Pay for your booking in full. A card payment fee may apply, visit Schedule of Fees for more information
Your holding deposit will be refunded to the card charged after full payment has been made online, and an e-ticket itinerary receipt and email advising of your holding deposit refund will be sent to you. Please allow two business days for Qantas to process the refund - note your card provider may take additional time to process the credit to your account.
Holding Deposit amount per passenger per booking
Australia: $25 AUD
New Zealand: $50 NZD
United Kingdom: £15 GBP
Pay Later Conditions
- Payment must be made in full on or before midnight (11:59pm) of the due date advised at the time of booking. If you do no pay the fare in full on or before the due date the booking will be cancelled. The time zone used to calculate midnight for your booking will be advised when you choose Book Now Pay Later.
- If you choose to pay for your tickets via our Contact Centre, you cancel the booking, or the booking is cancelled because you have not paid in full before the due date, the holding deposit will not be refunded.
- Should you decide to change your itinerary, you will need to cancel your booking and create a new booking
- Pay Later is not available for fares booked using Qantas Points
As a Qantas Frequent Flyer Member, there are a number of ways you can choose to use your Qantas Points to book flights, including:
- Qantas & Partner Classic Awards
- Jetstar Classic Awards
- Partner Classic Awards
- Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards
To find more ways of using your Qantas Points click here
Login to your Frequent Flyer Membership to make a booking using your Qantas Points
As a Qantas Frequent Flyer Member, you can choose to pay for your flights with a mixture of Qantas Points and money at qantas.com. The more Qantas Points used, the less money paid! You can even choose to pay entirely with your Qantas Points. The minimum number of Qantas Points required starts from 5,000 points per booking and is subject to change.
How to book using Points Plus Pay
1. Login to your Frequent Flyer membership before you make your booking^
2. Select your preferred flights
3. Choose the 'Use Points + Pay' option on the Check page
4. Use the sliding tool to choose the mix of Qantas Points# and money that suits you
5. Now simply complete your booking and provide your card payment details for your chosen amount.
#Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of Qantas Points you redeem above a specified minimum level and pay for the remainder of the fare with an approved Qantas accepted card (including VISA, MasterCard or American Express) to obtain your Award. Points Plus Pay cannot be combined with BPAY.
^All bookings made using Points Plus Pay are treated as an Any Seat Award and Any Seat Award fare conditions will apply. Points Plus Pay is not available for Classic Award bookings or the Book Now Pay Later facility. Not all Any Seat Award flights are presented through Flight Bookings and the points and money required for the different flights may differ, so it may be worth check both the Flight Bookings and Award Bookings for your flights. Find out more about Any Seat Awards or view the full terms and conditions
Offered through Australia's leading financial institutions, BPAY is a fee free* and easy way to pay for your booking departing from Australia through your financial institution (online, mobile, or phone) when you make your booking at least 7 days before departure.
How to book your flights using BPAY
- Book your flights from Australia at least 7 days before departure
- Choose BPAY as your payment option and accept the BPAY conditions
- Your BPAY Biller Code and unique Customer Reference number will appear on the Thanks page and will be sent to your email address. You can also find your BPAY details when you log into your booking at Manage Your Booking. Make sure you check your Reference Number as it changes with every booking.
- Now just use your banking facilities and follow the prompts to transfer payment from your cheque or savings account before midnight (local time of your departure city) on the same day of booking and your booking is complete.
BPAY payments to Qantas take up to two banking days to be processed. To allow enough time for your BPAY payment to be processed, including any payments made outside business hours, it is important that you access your banking facilities and complete the steps to pay before midnight on the same day of booking.
Once your payment has been processed an e-ticket itinerary receipt will be sent to your email - please allow two banking days for processing.
- BPAY payment is accepted from cheque or savings accounts only
- Full payment must be made in a single BPAY payment - split payments, including top-up BPAY payments, are not permitted
- BPAY is not eligible as payment for fares booked using Qantas Points
Things don't always go to plan. Depending on your fare type, you may be able to cancel your flight and receive a credit voucher.
Your credit voucher can be used as payment for your next booking on the Qantas network provided that:
- the new fare amount (excluding carrier charges, fees and taxes) is equal or higher than your original fare and the conditions of the new fare are met;
- you are departing from the country in which the original booking was made; and
- travel is completed within 12 months from the date your original booking was created
What types of bookings cannot be redeemed with a Qantas Credit Voucher
- Bookings with a lower value than the credit voucher value
- Bookings where travel has commenced, for example, for an upgrade or additional fares
- Multi-city, round-the-world and Jetstar bookings
Qantas Credit Vouchers are non-transferable. To redeem your credit voucher, you must make a booking that includes all passengers who were on the original booking. Cancellation conditions of the original booking will apply. Refer to the Fare Conditions for details
How to use your voucher
You can redeem your credit voucher through Manage Your Booking or by clicking Redeem Voucher. Any fees that applied to your original booking will apply at the time of redeeming your credit voucher. Check the Fare Conditions of your original booking to find out what fees will apply when you redeem your credit voucher.
You can also redeem your credit voucher through Qantas Contact Centres on 13 13 13 however a booking fee will apply.
Days are calculated as a 24 hour period, not calendar days
*Some financial institutions may charge a fee for certain payment methods – check with your financial institution for other applicable fees or charges.
+Bookings made on 13 13 13 and through Qantas airport locations attract an additional booking fee per passenger per booking – visit Schedule of Fees for more information
~There is a maximum limit of 20 characters for the name assigned to the details of each stored card. If more than one Frequent Flyer is in the booking, the card is stored against the logged in Frequent Flyer’s membership number only. If you do not wish to store your card information for future bookings, please do not tick the box during the booking process. To see and use a stored card, you must be logged in to the Frequent Flyer profile or Business Direct Profile against which the card was stored. Expired stored cards will not be visible on the payment page when making a future booking.
**You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Join now. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redeeming of Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions
of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
^^Qantas Points are earned on eligible purchases in accordance with the terms and conditions specified at qantascash.com. Eligible purchases do not include money orders, traveller’s cheques, gambling chips or purchasing foreign currencies in cash. You do not earn points when loading funds to your facility, transferring funds to another currency balance or another member’s facility or when withdrawing funds from ATMs or cashing out your facility balance. Purchases that are reversed, refunded or charged-back are also ineligible for points earn, in addition to fees incurred.
To be eligible to receive the new Qantas Card with the option of Qantas Cash you must be an Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer member 16 years of age or older. Heritage Bank Limited (AFSL 240984) (the Issuer) issues Qantas Cash under arrangements between it, Qantas and Access Prepaid Australia Pty Ltd (AFSL 386837) (a MasterCard business) (Access). Access distributes Qantas Cash (together with Qantas which is an authorised representative of Access for the purposes of providing general financial product advice with respect to Qantas Cash). Access can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Access and Qantas earn foreign exchange revenue from Qantas Cash transactions. Access receives a processing fee from domestic Qantas Cash "point of sale" transactions. Qantas receives revenue generated by Qantas Cash transactions based on interchange fees paid to the Issuer, deposits held by the Issuer, cardholder fee and certain rebates and incentives from MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd. This webpage has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider the appropriateness of the information about the Qantas Cash facility having regard to those matters. A Product Disclosure Statement in respect of Qantas Cash is available via qantascash.com, and will also be given to applicants. A person should obtain and consider the PDS before making any decisions about whether to acquire or continue to hold the prepaid facility. Other fees may apply.MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
If you elect to store your card information for future use against your Frequent Flyer or Qantas Business Direct membership number (either during the booking process or by selecting the ‘Payment Cards’ option in your profile), these details are encrypted through HTTPS protocol and then sent from qantas.com to Amadeus, Qantas’ external booking engine service provider. Your credit card information will be stored on Amadeus’ secure platform in accordance with the Qantas Privacy and Security Policy.
© Qantas uses Cybertrust to protect your information.