Perth Airport Transformation
At Qantas, we are committed to seeing that our customers enjoy our service on the ground as well as in the air.
Perth Airport is undergoing a rapid transformation. The redevelopment will deliver new improved facilities for Qantas customers as we expand in line with the growing demand for services in Western Australia. We are working on a range of initiatives to meet our customers' expectations, and reduce congestion, to ensure that their journey through the airport will be easier than ever.
The completion of Perth Airport's transformation will ultimately provide customers with a seamless airport experience, with all Qantas Domestic and Regional services - Qantas, Jetstar, QantasLink and Network Aviation - operating from the same Domestic precinct, as we obtain exclusive use of both Terminals 3 and 4.
What you can expect
Qantas Upgrade - Qantas Domestic Terminal (T4)
- Expanded Qantas Club lounge, to accommodate an additional 140 customers
- Free WiFi was recently introduced for all Qantas passengers
- Two additional security screening lanes, a 40% increase in capacity
- Award-winning Faster, Smarter Check-in with Q Card Readers
- Seven new retail outlets and refurbishment of five existing outlets
- Enhanced Baggage Handling System
Qantas Expansion - Terminal 3
Qantas is extending its operations into what is currently the multi-user Terminal 3. Qantas will have access to conveniently-located boarding gates in Terminal 3, which can accommodate up to 27 flights each day. Customers will also benefit from an enhanced security screening area and new baggage belts to minimise waiting times.
Update August 2013: Selected Qantas intra WA services will now depart from, and arrive at, Terminal 3 gates at Perth Domestic Airport. Departing customers will continue to check-in at Terminal 4, and make their way through security and walk to their Terminal 3 departure gates. Qantas Club members, Business customers and eligible Frequent Flyers can continue to access the Qantas Club at Terminal 4. Customers are advised to allow time to get to their departure gate in Terminal 3.
Customers who are arriving at Terminal 3 and completing their journey in Perth will be able to collect their baggage from a carousel in the Terminal 3 arrivals hall. Customers with onward connections will have their baggage transferred and will need to follow the signs to Terminal 4 departures.
Single Qantas Domestic Precinct - 2014
All Qantas Group Domestic and Regional services - Qantas, Jetstar, QantasLink and Network Aviation - will operate from the same precinct and will provide customers with a seamless airport experience. We are actively exploring additional opportunities, in consultation with Perth Airport, to meet the needs of our customers, including:
- Extension of Faster, Smarter Check-in to Terminal 3;
- An expansion of our departure gate lounge space;
- A review of current security processes, with a view to improving the efficiency of our operations;
- Innovative check-in facilities dedicated to our customers in the mining sector and our Western Australian fly-in-fly-out charter customers; and
- A review of our lounge offerings, with potential to develop innovative lounge spaces, when the current Qantas Club lounge is expanded.
Qantas and QantasLink* together connect Perth to 15 destinations across Australia and operate over 125 return flights with 65,000 seats to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane each week. We are investing heavily in regional Western Australia, having expanded QantasLink and Qantas capacity over the past few years, now operating over 280 return flights with 75,000 seats to regional Western Australia each week.