Qantas Holidays Privacy Statement
Qantas Holidays Limited and its related companies (collectively referred to as "we", "us" and "Qantas Holidays") are subject to the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth)).
This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Qantas Holidays protects the privacy of your personal information under the National Privacy Principles. It will apply to any personal information you provide to us:
- When making a booking with us;
- Via online sites operated by Qantas Holidays and its contractors; and
- Under any other agreement or arrangement.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to Qantas Holidays' employee records, which are generally exempt from the legislation.
What information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us. For example, when you request us to make your travel arrangements, we may collect details such as your name, address, flight and other travel details, credit/debit card number and expiry date, billing address, telephone numbers, Frequent Flyer number or other loyalty program membership details, dietary requirements (if any) and health issues relevant to your travel arrangements. As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of "sensitive information" we will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Statement.
How do we collect informationWe may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), visit our web site or when you have contact with us in person. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party.
- From people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- From third party telesales companies that collect your personal information and disclose it to us so that we may issue you with your travel documentation and make and fulfil your travel arrangements or market our products and services to you;
- Other service providers who collect information on our behalf such as travel agents
- From market research companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
How we use your personal informationWe generally collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your travel and other transactions;
- To facilitate your participation in the loyalty programs of other organisations; and
- To conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research
Some of the personal information we collect is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is using the service. Other types of personal information we collect help us to profile who is using our services and what their interests are.
Disclosure of personal information to third partiesWe may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services, oneworld partners and Frequent Flyer Service Partners participating in the Frequent Flyer program for use in the operation and marketing of those programs, other carriers, travel providers, data processing companies (including operators of global distribution systems and payment clearing houses) for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, for example to complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that you requested.
We may also disclose your personal information to various law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs and immigration purposes.
Your information will also be shared between related companies in Qantas Holidays where necessary to fulfil our purposes.
We engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we engage third party contractors to:
- Provide email and mail handling services;
- Provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services;
- Process travel bookings made via qantas.com and other online sites;
- Conduct market research;
- Provide travel services;
- Collect commissions on bookings on our behalf;
- Provide information technology services such as airline related systems, data storage, passenger and freight processing systems, communication networks, software and system development and maintenance;
- Manage our share registry
- Assist with obtaining payment from creditors.
In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Access to and correction of information we hold about you
We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with in a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the National Privacy Principles.
Keeping your personal information up-to-dateWe take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
Transfer of information overseasWe may transfer to people in foreign countries any of your personal information to fulfil the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, for example to:
- Qantas Holidays offices overseas;
- Data processors (including operators of global travel distribution systems);
- Airlines, hotels and other travel and freight service providers; and
- Information technology and business process service providers.
In many cases the transfer will be necessary for the performance of our contract with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you or for the performance of a contract with a third party which is concluded in your interests.
Resolving your concerns
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach of your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please forward your request, complaint or query to the address below. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on qantas.com, so please visit qantas.com periodically to ensure that you have our most current privacy statement.
Our contact details
Qantas Holidays Customer Relations
Level 10, 241 O'Riordan Street
Mascot NSW 2020