SMS Flight Update - Terms and Conditions
1. Qantas Flight Update is available to all Qantas Frequent Flyers, including Qantas Club members and Chairmans Lounge members, as well as customers who make bookings through qantas.com, Qantas Telephone Sales, Qantas Business Travel and Qantas Travel in Australia, and at no charge.
2. Qantas Flight Update is not a guaranteed service. Qantas does not warrant or represent that all flight changes will be notified to customers who are eligible to receive Qantas Flight Update. The service may be affected by a range of factors including technical problems and telecommunications network coverage and availability. Users whose mobile phone memory is full may not receive messages from Qantas Flight Update. We recommend that passengers always confirm their bookings and, in the absence of notification from Qantas of a flight change, arrive at the airport at the advised time prior to scheduled departure.
3. Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901), its related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with the use of the Qantas Flight Update service, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
4. Qantas Flight Update covers Australian and New Zealand domestic flights operated by Qantas and QantasLink and Qantas International flights. Flights operated by Jetstar are not covered.
5. Qantas Flight Update does not cover flights booked through another carrier, even if the flight is operated by Qantas (for example, codeshare services). However, where possible, Qantas will send messages relating to these flights.
6. Charter flights are not covered by Qantas Flight Update.
7. Subject to these terms and conditions, Qantas Flight Update is an automatic service provided to customers who:
- have provided an eligible mobile number when making a flight booking directly with Qantas (that is, through qantas.com, Qantas Telephone Sales, QBT or Qantas Travel in Australia), or
- for customers who are Frequent Flyers, have entered an eligible mobile phone number in their Frequent Flyer profile online through the Qantas website or by contacting the Frequent Flyer Service Centre.
8. By providing a mobile phone number by either of the ways in clause 7 above you acknowledge and agree that you may receive an SMS message from Qantas at any time up to 1 hour before your scheduled flight.
9. You must have an Australian or New Zealand registered SMS enabled mobile phone to use Qantas Flight Update.
10. You will not receive a Qantas Flight Update SMS if you have not provided a mobile phone number in either of the ways in clause 7 above, or if your Frequent Flyer, Qantas Club or Chairman's Lounge membership number is not recorded in your booking.
11. Qantas Flight Update messages will be sent only to customers with valid confirmed bookings.
12. For Qantas or QantasLink Australian or New Zealand Domestic flights you will be notified of:
- Delays greater than 30 minutes provided that Qantas becomes aware of the delay at least 60 minutes but less than 40 hours before the scheduled departure time; and
- Cancellations made more than 60 minutes but less than 40 hours before the scheduled departure time.
13. For Qantas International flights you will be notified of:
- Delays greater than 60 minutes provided that Qantas becomes aware of the delay at least 90 minutes but less than 40 hours before the scheduled departure time; and
- Cancellations made more than 90 minutes but less than 40 hours before the scheduled departure time.
14. In the event that Qantas rebooks customers to another airline Qantas Flight Update will not be available in relation to the other airline's flights.
15. If you have been notified of a delay, and subsequently the departure time is again revised another message will be sent to you to update you of the new departure time. This will happen only if the revised time is within the parameters specified in clause 12 and 13 above.
16. In order to receive SMS messages you must ensure that your contact details have been correctly registered, your phone is switched on and able to receive SMS messages and you are located within the coverage area of your mobile phone service provider.
17. In order to receive SMS messages outside the country in which your phone is registered you must ensure that your mobile phone is activated for global roaming and that your mobile carrier has a global roaming agreement in place at your location.
18. Qantas Flight Update is offered in conjunction with Telstra Corporation Limited (ABN 33 051 775 556).