SMS Flight Update
Qantas customers with an Australia or New Zealand registered SMS enabled mobile phone can now elect to be informed of flight changes via SMS.
SMS Flight Update allows us to notify you of changes to the scheduled departure time for most Qantas flights. See terms and conditions for a list of exclusions.
Simply provide us with your mobile number when making a booking directly with Qantas* or update your Your Profile.
How does SMS Flight Update work?
- If you have provided your mobile number in a flight booking directly with Qantas*, or if you are a Frequent Flyer and you have entered your mobile number in Your Profile we will notify you via an SMS text message if the flight on which you are booked on is significantly delayed or cancelled.
- In the case of a delay you will be advised of the revised departure time. If your flight is cancelled you will be invited to contact Qantas to confirm your revised flight details.
- Where you have been notified of a delayed flight, and it is again delayed by more than 30 minutes, you will be sent another SMS message.
- If you wish to contact someone about your revised travel details having received an SMS Flight Update you should contact either your travel manager or Qantas. If you want to contact Qantas and are within Australia you should call 13 13 13. If you are outside Australia you should contact your local Qantas office. Do not SMS the phone number that accompanies your Flight Update as it is not attended.
When will you be notified?
Once we become aware of changes to your scheduled Qantas flight you will be notified of the revised details within the time frames outlined below.
|Delays|| If your flight is delayed by more than 30 minutes. || If your flight is delayed by more than 60 minutes. |
|Cancellations||If your flight is cancelled more than 60 minutes but less than 40 hours before to scheduled departure time.||If your flight is cancelled more than 90 minutes but less than 40 hours before scheduled departure time.|
|Early Departures||If your flight's revised departure time is earlier than originally scheduled.||If your flight's revised departure time is earlier than originally scheduled.|
A SMS message will not be sent if:
- Your flight is not a Qantas or QantasLink flight.
- Your flight is one of the excluded flights listed in the terms and conditions.
- Your flight is operated by Jetstar.
- Your flight is a charter flight.
- The delay or cancellation occurs close to the scheduled or previously advised departure time.
We cannot guarantee delivery of a message to your phone due to factors outside its control. However, we will endeavour to ensure that you receive timely and accurate information.