Fly Qantas to Sydney
Sydney is one of the most cosmopolitan and dynamic cities in the world. Its sparkling harbour, stunning beaches, famous architecture, award-winning restaurants, world-class events and vibrant arts and culture make it an appealing destination at any time of the year. Enjoy Sydney's great outdoors where you'll find a long list of activities that are both healthy and scenic. Walks, national parks, gardens and colourful sunsets are just a few of the natural highlights. And, within easy reach of Sydney there are pristine beaches, World Heritage-listed national parks, beautiful wine regions, subtropical rainforests and coastal drives that are easily explored. With daily departures from the US to Sydney, including double daily flights non-stop from Los Angeles to Sydney and a new non-stop service from DFW to Sydney recently commenced on 29 September, it's easier than ever to fly to Sydney with Qantas. So book these Sydney deals with Qantas now.
All advertised fares are for mid-week Sunday through Wednesday travel only. Weekend Thursday through Saturday travel is permitted for an additional fare.
Advance Purchase: 14 days.
QF8/QF7 flights between Dallas/Fort Worth and Sydney operate on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
|US Departures||To||Round trip from*||Outbound Travel Periods||Expiration|
|Los Angeles||Sydney||$1,579||1 Feb - 18 Mar 2015 or 1 May - 15 Jun 2015 or 1-31 Aug 2015||n/a||Book now|
|Dallas/Fort Worth - Vailid QF8/QF7||Sydney||$1,925||1 Feb - 18 Mar 2015 or 1 May - 15 Jun 2015 or 1-31 Aug 2015||n/a||Book now|
|New York (JFK)||Sydney||$1,794||1 Feb - 18 Mar 2015 or 1 May - 15 Jun 2015 or 1-31 Aug 2015||n/a||Book now|
Top Restaurants in Sydney NSW
Treat yourself to a mouth-watering taste of Sydney's best food and wine, served in stunning locations around the city. Sydney has an ever-growing list of beautiful and award-winning dining options.
- Cafe Sydney
- Icebergs Dining Room and Bar
- Rockpool Bar and Grill
Food & Wine Trails
NSW is famous for its wineries, which produce award-winning wines available for sampling at local cellar doors. And with some of the most fertile land in Australia the produce is vast and varied.
- Hunter Valley wineries
- Mudgee wineries
- Griffith and the Riverina
- Southern Highland wineries
- Poachers Way
- Orange wineries - On food and wine trails
The State's coastline stretches 1590km with a grand total of 892 beaches including Sydney's famed harbour and ocean beaches and seven of Australia's National Surfing Reserves. With so many beaches and bays on offer in New South Wales, you are spolit for choice. From stunning beaches on Sydney's doorstep, world famous surf on the North Coast and stunning hidden gems in the South Coast.
- Bondi to Coogee coastal walk
- Sydney Harbour Kayaks
- Seven Mile Beach
- Surfing at Byron
- Fingal Bay Beach
See Spectacular Events in Sydney
From world-class sporting events, musicals and festivals, Sydney has a year-round calendar of fabulous events. Check out what's on in Sydney this Summer and start planning your trip.
Read more at sydney.com.
- New Year's Eve Sydney
- Australia Day at Darling Harbour
- Sydney Mardis Gras
- HANDA Opera on Sydney Harbour
- VIVID Sydney
Back to top
Things to Do
If living it up is your style, then Sydney is your city. Glamorous, radiant and one of the world's leading food destinations, there is no place on earth like Sydney.
See the harbour sights while lazing on a ferry, walk its historic suburbs like The Rocks, Surry Hills or Paddington and finish up with some of the best shopping in the southern hemisphere. Sydney is the gateway to the Hunter Valley wine region, Central Coast and the Blue Mountains and is also home to fantastic beaches from iconic Bondi to the stunning northern beaches like Palm and Whale Beach.
Top Things to Do
From shopping to gallery hopping, beach adventures to bush hikes, tours and harbour cruises. Your Sydney days will be actioned-packed and your nights brightly lit.
Read what our experts at Travel Insider have to say about where to go and what to see in Sydney and check out our other great ideas around beach, shopping, dining, icons and attractions below.
- Explore Sydney's Northern Beaches, including Manly Beach. A relaxing beach spot, there are also some fantastic walks you can do in the surrounding parks and reserves. Grab some sun at Palm Beach or go next door to beautiful Whale Beach and dine at exclusive Jonah's. For a truly decadent experience you can get to Johan's at Whale Beach by seaplane.
- Go window shopping in The Rocks
- Visit the great Oxford Street strip in Paddington and Woollahra or King St in Newtown for fantastic local designer finds
- Spend a day at the markets; Glebe, Paddington, Kirribilli, Bondi Beach, The Rocks, to name just a few
- Head to the city and CBD and shop in modern mega-complexes or superb heritage listed buildings like the Queen Victoria Building and the Strand Arcade. You will find everything from bargain basement items to world-class designer labels and everything in between
Drink & Dine
- Sydney is wonderfully diverse and multicultural and you will find mouth-watering cuisine to suit every palette, around every corner
- Head to Surry Hills or Darlinghurst for cocktails and dancing as well great dining and bar options
- Visit Woolloomooloo, Potts Point or Cockle Bay for fancy food and fine wine
- The Rocks and Balmain offer great places to have a relaxing beer or glass of wine as well as a diverse range of restaurants
- Dine on scrumptious seafood at the Fish Markets in Pyrmont
- You can't go past Chinatown or Haymarket for Dim Sum (Yum Cha) or Asian cuisine
- Sydney's CBD is home to an array of clubs, wine bars, up-market pubs and restaurants galore
Looking to eat somewhere quirky? Check out the some of the new independent eateries in Sydney.
- Visit the Art Gallery of NSW, the Museum of Contemporary Art or any of the fascinating local galleries in The Rocks
Reginal New South Wales
The regions within three hours' drive of Sydney offer an inspiring list of experiences perfectly suited to a short break or easy getaway with the kids.
- Wander through weekend village markets that are packed with freshly-picked local food and artisan produce.
- Explore Australia's oldest wine-producing region, the Hunter Valley, and one of its newest, the Southern Highlands, offer plenty of tempting food and wine experiences as well as a range of accommodation from five-star resorts to luxe guesthouses, B&Bs and country cabins.
- Chefs are making their mark on dining experiences in NSW by using fresh regional produce as the basis for terrific menus.
- Why not take the kids to a farmstay or on a camping adventure during Autumn or Winter this year and enjoy beautiful weather in the great outdoors.
Icons & Attractions
- Walk across or climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Visit the spectacular Opera House, take a guided tour or take in a show
- Have a picnic in the lush surroundings of the Botanical Gardens or Mrs Macquaries Chair
- Take a harbour cruise by day or night or catch the ferry to Manly
- Visit Taronga Zoo or the SEA LIFE Sydney
Check out the urban hot spots and great advice on what to do when in Sydney from our Travel Insider guide.Back to top
No other flight is quite like Qantas - from our flagship A380 First Suites to fully flat beds in Business, Premium Economy's spacious seats and the self-serve snack bars in Economy.* After taking off, settle back and enjoy Australia's best wine and food, as well as hundreds of on-demand entertainment choices in every seat.
With daily departures from Los Angeles, Dallas/Fort Worth and New York, with Qantas it's easier than ever to experience the best of Australia before you've even arrived.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the journey
- Sit back and relax in our ergonomically designed slimline seats with built-in lumbar support for your comfort. Features such as adjustable headrests and reclination in your seat are sure to keep you comfortable for the duration of your journey.
- Self-service snack bars on A380 and refurbished 747 aircraft,
- Personal on-demand, in-flight entertainment system with 1,500 options
- On selected international flights, you will be treated to a continuous refreshment service every 60-90 minutes and to add variety, a third main meal option for long haul flights and a dedicated self serve snack bar onboard the A380 and refurbished B747 aircraft.
Experience our award winning premium travel class^
- Spacious seat with extra legroom and legrest so you can stretch out.
- Personalised service in an exclusive environment with dedicated flight attendants.
- A selection of premium Australian wines that match the contemporary menu inspired by leading Australian restaurateur Neil Perry.
- Enjoy on-demand, in-flight entertainment system with noise-cancelling headsets.
- Complimentary comfort kits are offered on selected flights to help you stay refreshed.
Relax, work or sleep in contemporary comfort
- Fully flat beds available on A380 and refurbished 747 aircraft
- New sleep service, including a new mattress, duvet and turndown service (on select flights)
- Onboard dining experience with a signature, made-to-order menu designed by leading restaurateur Neil Perry
- Advanced entertainment system includes a personal touch screen, noise-cancelling headsets and on-demand control
- An exclusive amenity kit includes a selection of luxury Malin + Goetz skin care products
- Peter Morrissey designed pyjamas
Unsurpassed luxury on the Qantas A380
- Indulge in an eight-course tasting menu or choose to dine with an a la carte menu offering signature dishes.
- Stretch out in your own fully flat, extra-wide bed with luxurious pillows, blankets, a duvet
as well as a sheepskin mattress.
- Advanced entertainment system includes a personal touch screen, noise-cancelling headsets and on-demand control.
- Qantas First Amenity Kits feature exclusive collections for both men and women from a premium cosmetic house. The women's kit includes a Payot Paris clutch-style bag and for men, a fold-out travel bag.
^ Qantas wins Best International Premium Economy at the Australian Business Traveller Awards 2012
- QANTAS is an acronym that stands for Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services.
- Australia is closer than you think. Flying to Australia from the west coast is only 14 hours, the same time it takes to fly to most European destinations from the western US.
- We are the only airline to fly the A380 between the US and Australia.
- In November 2013, we celebrated 93 years of flying. See our evolving look.
Stay up to date with Qantas
Sign up for Qantas Fare Alerts from the US:
- Via e-Mail - Subscribe to Red e-Mail
- Via Twitter - Find us...then follow us at http://twitter.com/QantasUSA
Add a land package...
Terms and Conditions
* Fares are for round trip travel in US dollars and include all taxes and fees. Advertised fares are based the least expensive mid-week (Sunday through Wednesday) itinerary on Qantas flights in S class. Seats are very limited and are not available on every flight. Maximum stay 12 months subject to system range limitation between 330 to 350 days from departure date. A 14-day advance purchase is required. Add-on fares are available from North American cities that are not Qantas gateways. A cancellation feee of $200 applies per person per ticket. However, customers who purchase a ticket in the United States may cancel their reservations and refund ticket without charge within 24 hours of ticketing when purchase is made one week or more prior to departure of the first flight in the itinerary. Date changes are permitted for a fee of $100 per person per change. An additional service fee of US$40/AU$80 per person applies for each transaction made to an Economy ticket via telephone, retail outlet, or an airport ticket counter, depending on the country where the change is made. Fares are valid from 5 November to 18 November 2014. Sale ends on 18 November 2014. Other restrictions apply. Information is correct as at 5 November 2014 and subject to change without notice. Total price may vary as the result of exchange rate fluctuations affecting the amount of applicable taxes.
Qantas flights operating on B747 or A380 equipment or a combination thereof depending on itinerary chosen.
Airfare is an additional $30 for reservations made by telephone.
Available on our A380 and B747-400 aircraft, subject to last minute schedule change.
It is the passenger's responsibility to ensure all visa requirements are complied with.
Qantas Vacations Land Packages:
Spectacular Sydney! - All prices are 'from', per person land only based on double occupancy and travel between 7 April and 13 August 2015 or 17 August and 17 September 2015. Book by 24 October 2014. Flights are not included. Hotel upgrades are ‘from’ per person in addition to the advertised package price. Seasonal surcharges and additional surcharges apply over weekends, special events and holiday periods. No refunds or changes are allowed and space is strictly limited. Not combinable with any other special or discounted vacation package. Prices may differ when you book your travel and are not guaranteed until full payment is received. All prices are in US dollars and correct at time of posting (24 September 2014). All prices, itineraries and routings are subject to change. Call Qantas Vacations directly for current prices. Tour code: SO15001. CST#2001136-50
Sydney & the Legendary Pacific Coast - Prices are land only, ‘from’ per person, based on double occupancy and valid for travel between 1 May and 17 September 2015; otherwise supplements will apply. Book by 8 September 2015. Airfare is not included. Single supplements, black-out dates and seasonal supplements may apply. Car insurance, security deposit, one way fees and deductible are additional; please ask for details. Prices are current at time of posting (24 September 2014) and may differ when you book your travel and are not guaranteed until full payment is received and processed. Strictly subject to availability. Not retroactive and not combinable with any other special or vacation package offer. Upgrades are available. All prices, itineraries and routings are subject to change without notice. Call Qantas Vacations directly for current prices. Hearing impaired persons may dial 711 (National Relay Service) to contact us at 1-866-914-4359. Tour Code: SO15004. CST# 2001136-50.
Sydney & Outback New South Wales - All prices are 'from', per person land only based on double occupancy and travel between 7 April and 13 August 2015 or 17 August and 17 September 2015. Book by 24 October 2014. Flights are not included. Seasonal surcharges and additional surcharges apply over weekends, special events and holiday periods. No refunds or changes are allowed and space is strictly limited. Not combinable with any other special or discounted vacation package. Prices may differ when you book your travel and are not guaranteed until full payment is received. All prices are in US dollars and correct at time of posting (24 September 2014). All prices, itineraries and routings are subject to change. Call Qantas Vacations directly for current prices. Tour code: SO15003. CST#2001136-50.
Sydney. Hunter Valley. Blue Mountains. - All prices are 'from', per person land only based on double occupancy and travel between 1 April and 26 April 2015. Book by 24 March 2015. Flights are not included. Seasonal surcharges and additional surcharges apply over weekends, special events and holiday periods. Handa Opera tickets are instant purchase, non-changeable and non-refundable. No refunds or changes are allowed and space is strictly limited. Not combinable with any other special or discounted vacation package. Prices may differ when you book your travel and are not guaranteed until full payment is received. All prices are in US dollars and correct at time of posting (24 September 2014). All prices, itineraries and routings are subject to change. Call Qantas Vacations for current prices. Tour code: SO15002. CST#2001136-50