London Ashes Competition
Terms and Conditions - Game of Chance
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW, 2020 (telephone number (13 11 31) (Promoter).
- The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 16 May 2013 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 26 June 2013 (Promotion Period).
- Entry is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are registered as members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program during the Promotion Period (Eligible Entrants), excluding (i) directors, management, employees (and their immediate family members) of the Promoter or Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate; (ii) registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate; and (iii) members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of the draw or any redraw (as applicable).
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) Make a Qantas flight booking between 16 May 2013 and 21 June 2013 in the name of the Eligible Entrant for travel on or before 26 June 2013 on either:
i) one domestic flight with a 'QF' flight number on the ticket; or
ii) one international flight departing from Australia where the first sector has a 'QF' flight number on the ticket (Eligible Booking);
b) provide their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number when making an Eligible Booking;
c) be available to take the prize in its entirety should they be the winner, and on the dates outlined in clause12 of these Terms and Conditions (if the winner is unable to take the prize as stated, it will be forfeited and another entry will be drawn in accordance with clause 24 until a winner is drawn).
d) register for the competition on qantas.com where you will need to provide relevant details as requested; and
e) agree to the competition terms and conditions.
- Qantas & Partner Classic Award tickets and cancelled and refunded tickets are not Eligible Bookings.
- An Eligible Entrant will receive one entry into the draw for each Eligible Booking.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The draw will take place at 10.00am (AEST) on 2 July 2013 at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089 and will be conducted by MDSA. The winner will be determined by an automated random draw of all eligible entries. The first valid entry drawn will be the winner. The winner will be contacted by phone (using the details provided in the winner's Qantas Frequent Flyer online profile) by 3 July 2013. The winner's name will be published in The Australian newspaper on 5 July 2013. The winner is responsible for ensuring that his/her contact details in their Qantas Frequent Flyer online profile are accurate and up to date. The Promoter takes no responsibility for inaccurate or incomplete details.
- There will be one prize. The prize will consist of:
a) two return Qantas Premium Economy flights to London from the winner's nearest Australian capital city airport in Australia (domestic connecting flights where required will be Economy class and will be direct to the closest international airport) to London Heathrow airport (flight associated taxes, fees and carrier charges are included in the prize) to arrive in London at the latest by Wednesday 17 July 2013;
b) 6 nights' double occupancy accommodation at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street in a Deluxe Double room including breakfast daily commencing Wednesday 17 July 2013;
c) Reserved seating at the 2nd Ashes Test at Lord's scheduled to start on Thursday 18 July 2013 for all days;
d) Cricket Australia Travel Office (CATO) pre-Match function late afternoon/early evening on Wednesday 17 July 2013;
e) Return coach transfers to/from pre-Match function; and
fi) Seven day Travelcards incorporating Zones 1 - 6 of London's public transport system for two people.
- The maximum total prize value is AU$21,003.00, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate as at 18 April 2013. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, stopovers, hotel car parking, other hotel incidentals, visas, passports, travel or other insurance, gratuities, merchandise or any other costs of a related, ancillary, personal or incidental nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and their nominated travel companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. The prize winner and their nominated travel companion cannot upgrade any part of the prize using cash or Qantas Points and will not earn Qantas points on any part of the prize. The prize winner and their travel companion must stay and travel together on all prize travel and accommodation.
- Travel arrangements must be made as soon as practical after the winner has been notified. Flights are subject to capacity control and availability may be limited. Flight schedules and accommodation arrangements are subject to change without notice. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the prize winner and/or that winner's nominated travel companion to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that the person is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner (and their nominated travel companions) may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The prize must be taken in its entirety as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Any part that cannot be taken as stated will be forfeited and no compensation will be payable. The prize is not transferable to another person (unless agreed by the Promoter) and cannot be exchanged for other goods and services or redeemed for cash or other goods or services.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, age and place of residency in order to claim the Prize. Proof of identification, age, and residency considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting the prize. Independent tax and financial advice should be sought.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who is in breach of these terms and conditions of entry or who manipulates, seeks to manipulate or benefits from manipulating, the entry process or the Promotion.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions of entry, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter and MDSA and each of their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 22 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions of entry or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. The Promoter will use all reasonable efforts to contact the winner using the contact details provided in his/her Qantas Frequent Flyer online profile, however if a winner remains uncontactable, or is unable to confirm that they can accept the prize as stated, after 1 week from the date of the original draw their prize will be considered forfeited. If the prize remains unclaimed or forfeited (through ineligibility or otherwise) as at 1 week from the date of the original draw, the Promoter will have MDSA conduct a second chance draw at 12 noon (AEST) on 9 July 2013 at the same place as the original draw in order to distribute the unclaimed prize, subject to any written direction under applicable laws. The winner will be notified by phone (using the details provided in the winner's Qantas Frequent Flyer online profile) within 1 business day of the redraw. The winner's name will be published in The Australian newspaper on 11 July 2013.
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion, including MDSA, and any applicable statutory authorities). Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement (a copy of which is available at qantas.com/privacy).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- Authorised under permit numbers: Authorised under permit numbers: NSW LTPS/13/03017, ACT TP13/01483, Victorian Permit No. 13/997, SA Licence T13/754.