CommBank Platinum Awards credit card
Earn up to 30,000 bonus Qantas Points* with a CommBank Platinum Awards credit card if you apply and are approved by 31 December, and spend $500 on eligible purchases by 31 January 2014. You'll also enjoy a half priced annual fee of $140 for the first year^ (or $125 for qualifying customers) along with a host of additional platinum credit card benefits.
Receive up to 30,000 bonus Qantas Points*:
- Earn 15,000 Qantas Points* when you apply and are approved by 31 December 2013
- Earn an additional 15,000 Qantas Points* when you spend $500 on eligible purchases by 31 January 2014.
You will earn:
CommBank Awards Platinum American Express® Card:
CommBank Awards Platinum MasterCard®:
~ Earn up to 100,000 Qantas Points per account, per year
More premium benefits you'll enjoy with a CommBank Awards Platinum credit card
- Half priced annual fee of $140 the first year^ (or $125 for qualifying customers)
- You will be automatically opted-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct as your rewards program. Your CommBank Awards points will be converted to Qantas Points. CommBank will request your Qantas Frequent Flyer number directly from Qantas. An annual $10 Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct opt-in fee applies.
- Platinum Concierge service to take care of anything you need before you fly.
- Platinum Complimentary international travel insurance† Enjoy Complimentary International Travel Insurance for you, your spouse and your dependent children for return trips of up to 6 months when you use your Platinum credit card or your Commonwealth Award points to pay at least $1,000 of each person's prepaid travel costs. Other eligibility criteria and conditions apply.
To be eligible for the 30,000 bonus Qantas Points offer*, simply apply here, be approved by 31 December 2013, and spend $500 by 31 January 2014.
Card products referred to are not Qantas products and are not offered or issued by Qantas but by the relevant Card Partners. Card features information is based solely on information supplied to Qantas by the Card Partners and is current as at 4 November 2013. Cards are offered, issued and administered by Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124. Commonwealth Bank is the credit provider and a credit licensee under the Nationfal Consumer Credit laws. Australian Credit License number 23 49 45. Commonwealth Bank pays Qantas for points issued in relation to the cards. American Express is a trademark of American Express. The Commonwealth Bank American Express Card is issued and administered by Commonwealth Bank of Australia pursuant to a license from American Express. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are the registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. PayPass is the trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
* Offer only applies if you apply here. To be eligible for the bonus points offer, you must apply online via the landing page located at commbank.com.au/qantasplatinum and be approved for a Commonwealth Bank (CommBank) Platinum Awards credit card by 31 December 2013 to earn 15,000 Qantas Points. You will earn an additional 15,000 Qantas Points when you spend A$500 on purchases by 11:59pm AEDT 31 January 2014. It will take 90 days for the bonus points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account provided that you are not in breach of the Conditions of Use for the CommBank Plantinum Awards credit card and your Account remains open.
^ Half of the annual fee (being either $140/$125) will be refunded to your credit card account by 31st January 2014. An ongoing full annual fee currently $280/$250 will apply one year after your Card was first issued. An additional annual $10 Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct opt-in fee also applies. To see if you qualify for the reduced annual fee of $125 for the first year, click here.
~ Qantas Points and bonus points are offered by Commonwealth Bank and accrue in accordance with and are subject to the Commonwealth Awards Program Terms and Conditions. Exclusions, points caps and limitations apply. Points are earned on eligible transactions (most purchases, but not, for example, BPAY transactions, cash advances or balance transfers) and are subject to points capping. Points caps reset each year in January. Customers must be opted-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct to earn Qantas Points. CommBank will request a customer's membership number directly from Qantas. Once a customer has opted-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct, all CommBank Awards points earned after opting in will be automatically redeemed for Qantas Points and transferred monthly to their Qantas Frequent Flyer account at the applicable conversion rate. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
‡ Terms and Conditions apply. See Your Concierge service for further details.
† Exclusions, including for pre-existing medical conditions and persons aged 80 years or over, limits and excesses may apply. Please refer to CommBank’s summary page to find out more, including definitions of key terms such as ‘spouse’ and ‘dependent children’.