Qantas Frequent Flyer Kings of Leon Promotion
This competition has now closed.
Congratulations to our lucky winners:
- J. Harris NSW 2021
- A. Wade NSW 2041
- A. Hackett NSW 2121
- Z. Wang NSW 2794
- A. Pretty NSW 2204
- K. Puklowski-Phillips ACT 2605
- Z. McGregor VIC 3162
- J. Hempsall NT 0812
- A. Baxter QLD 4501
- W. Delpero WA 6062
1. Information on how to enter this promotion forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 203 Coward Street, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9691 7065) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) on 10 October 2013 and closes at 11.59pm (AEDT) on 5 November 2013 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry into the competition is open to Australian residents over the age of 18, who are registered as members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program or join the Qantas Frequent Flyer program via a specified join form during the Promotion Period (Eligible Entrants), excluding a) directors, management, agents, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate, and b) Members whose Qantas Frequent Flyer account is suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated at any time during the Promotion Period or at the time of each draw.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter the promotion, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period either:
a) register for the competition on qantas.com where they will need to provide relevant details as requested; or
b) join the Qantas Frequent Flyer program free of charge via the supplied form hosted at https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/do/dyns/joinffp?code=QFFKOLJOIN
6. On completion of an entry, each Eligible Entrant will receive one automatic entry into the relevant draw (multiple entries are not permitted).
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
9. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
11. Each draw will be computer generated and take place at 10:00am (AEDT) on 6 November 2013 at the offices of Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA) at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089.
12. The winners will be determined by an automated random draw of all valid entries as described in clauses 17 - 19 and 21 - 23.
13. The results of each draw are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. There will be 10 prizes. The maximum total prize value is AU$15,000 based on the recommended retail value as at 30 September 2013. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
15. The prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prizes are not transferable to another person (unless agreed to by the Promoter) or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any element of a prize that is unused will be forfeited.
16. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. Draw 1 - for New South Wales residents only.
18. The first five (5) Eligible Entrants drawn in Draw 1 will each receive one (1) double pass to the Kings of Leon "LIVE on Sydney Harbour" show which will be held on Monday, 18 November 2013 at a time and location advised by the Promoter. All guests must be 18 years or above. This prize does not include flights or accommodation.
19. The maximum value of each prize is $300. The Draw 1 total prize pool value is $1,500.
Specific conditions for Draw 1
20. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. The prize does not include travel insurance, and meals and taxes not included in the price of the ticket, or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and their guest.
Draws 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6
21. Draw 2 - for Australian Capital Territory residents only; Draw 3 - for Victorian & Tasmanian residents only; Draw 4 - South Australia & Northern Territory residents only; Draw 5 - for Queensland residents only & Draw 6 - for Western Australia residents only.
22. The first Eligible Entrant drawn in each of Draws 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 will receive:
a) One (1) double pass to the Kings of Leon "LIVE on Sydney Harbour' show which will be held on Monday, 18 November 2013 at a time and location advised by the Promoter; valued at a maximum of $300. All guests must be 18 years or above;
b) Two (2) return Qantas economy flights to Sydney airport (the "Airport") from the winner's closest Qantas serviced airport in Australia that flies to Sydney NSW (flight associated taxes are included); valued at a maximum of $2000 (The winner and their guest must travel together on all prize flights); and
c) One (1) night's twin share accommodation in a minimum 3 star hotel in Sydney, to be chosen by the Promoter in its absolute discretion (the "Hotel"), valued at a maximum of $400.
23. The maximum value of each prize in Draws 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 is $2,700. The total prize pool value for each of Draws 2, 3, 4 5 & 6 is $2,700.
Specific condition for Draws 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6
24. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Other than as set out in clause 22, the prize does not include transfers, taxis, travel insurance, meals and taxes not included in the price of the ticket, or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and their guest. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage. The Promoter does not make any representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may arise during the winner and his or her guests' travel to and from, and time spent in, Sydney as part of the prize.
25. Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. The winners and their guests must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
26. Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by the Promoter by 10 November 2013. Contact details for the Promoter will be supplied to the winners when they are notified of their prize. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 19 November 2013. In the event of a redraw, the winner is encouraged to book as early as possible to increase the likelihood of availability of prize travel. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
Notification of winners
27. The winners will be notified by phone and email within 24 hours after each draw and their names will be published on https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/memberSpecials/kings-of-leon-promotion on 10 November 2013 and in The Australian newspaper on 11 November 2013.
Right of the promoter to redraw
28. In the event of any entrant being unable to satisfy these terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize by 5.00pm (AEDT) on 13 November 2013, the Promoter may conduct such further draws on 9.00am (AEDT) on 14 November 2013 at the same place as the original draw as are necessary in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by that date subject however to any written directions given under applicable State and Territory legislation. A prize awarded in the unclaimed prize draw must be travelled by 19 November 2013 otherwise the entire prize is forfeited. In the event of any winner in an unclaimed prize draw, the winner will be notified by phone and in writing by email within 24 hours following each draw and their name published at https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/memberSpecials/kings-of-leon-promotion and announced in The Australian newspaper on 15 November 2013.
Limitation of liability
29. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
30. The Promoter, MDSA its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to, any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
31. The exclusion of liability in clause 30 does not apply to limit or exclude liability;
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
32. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting a prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes, (including but not limited to MDSA and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities and market research in accordance with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions available at qantas.com. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at available at qantas.com/privacy.
33. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
34. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/13/07907, ACT Permit No. TP13/03660.