One of Latin America's largest carriers, with affiliates LAN Argentina (4M), LAN Columbia (4C), LAN Ecuador (XL), LAN Express (LU) and LAN Peru (LP), it flies to approximately 65 destinations in 20 countries in Australasia, Europe and the United States from Chile.
|Can book on
Earn Qantas Points when flying on eligible fares and flights.
|Points Base earn rate (per mile or 1.609km)||1||1||1||1|
- Qantas Points are not earned when travelling in classes other than those specified.
- Cabin Bonus is applied to the base earn rate for each individual flight you take.
- Status Credits are earned on all eligible booking classes.
- Qantas Points and Status Credits are not earned on codeshare flights operated by airlines other than oneworld® Alliance Airlines. Qantas Points are not earned in G, N, O and Q classes on domestic flights within Chile; G, K, L, M, N, O, Q, S and V classes on domestic flights within Argentina; G, L, M, N, O, Q, S and V classes on domestic flights within Peru; and G, N, O, Q and S classes on domestic flights within Ecuador.
As a member of oneworld®, when you fly on eligible flights with LAN, you'll also earn Status Credits, which count towards higher status.
You can use your Qantas Points on LAN for a:
Note: Classic Award bookings are not available on the LAN (LA) airline code from Australia or New Zealand to Santiago. Classic Awards must be booked using the QF airline code.
Note: Effective 10 February 2015, we're giving new names to our flight award options. Classic Awards are now known as Classic Flight Rewards, oneworld Classic Awards are now oneworld Classic Flight Rewards, and Any Seat Awards are now called Points Plus Pay - Flights. The changes are to name only, there will be no other changes to these award flight options.
|One way Classic
|Buenos Aires||Santiago||Economy||BGHKLMNOQSVY||702||14,000 points*|
|Sao Paolo||Santiago||Economy||BGHKLMNOQSVY||1,607||20,000 points*|
|Rio de Janeiro||Santiago||Economy||BGHKLMNOQSVY||1,818||20,000 points*|
* On eligible flights with that airline's flight number on your ticket. For eligible flights, see terms and conditions and the Airline Earning Tables
~ Classic Flight Rewards are available on Qantas, Jetstar and partner airlines. Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. The number of seats available depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Reward seats available.
# Points Plus Pay - Flights are available on any flight with a QF or JQ, 3K or GK flight number. A limited number of seats on selected partner airlines (as offered by Qantas at the time of booking on qantas.com) may be combined with your Qantas or Jetstar flights in a Points Plus Pay - Flight booking. Partner airline flights which may be combined with Jetstar flights in a Points Plus Pay - Flight booking are more limited than those which may be combined with Qantas flights. Jetstar partner airlines currently include Jetstar Asia (3K), Jetstar Pacific (BL) and Jetstar Japan (GK).
+ Selected flights operated by Qantas Frequent Flyer partner airlines also offer the option of a Qantas (QF) flight number. When booking a QF flight number, members earn Qantas Points and Status Credits at the Qantas rate. LAN only offers a QF flight number on flights with airline code LA. All flights operated by partner airlines offering a QF flight number are available on qantas.com.