The Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
Take time off sooner with up to 50,000 bonus Qantas Points* when you apply online by 2 February 2016 as a new* Card Member, are approved and meet the following spend criteria:
- 42,500 bonus Qantas Points if you spend $500 on eligible purchases on the new Card within three months of becoming a Card Member
- 5,000 bonus Qantas Points after the first time you make an eligible purchase on the new Card within three months of becoming a Card Member
- Plus, a further 2,500 bonus Qantas Points after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services in Australia~
Accelerate your earning power
- Earn up to 3 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. See below for further details
- No points capping as long as your account remains current and in good standing
- No annual Card fee per Supplementary Card so you can earn more pointsΩ
|You can earn:||On eligible purchases‡ at:|
|3 points for every $1 spent||Tens of thousands of restaurants in Australia
Selected Qantas products and services in Australia~
|2 points for every $1 spent||Accommodation, airlines, major cruise and tour operators paid directly or through travel agencies±
Spend in foreign currency when overseas and online±
|1 point for every $1 spent||Insurances offered by American Express
All other providers, excluding those below
|0.5 points for every $1 spent||Utilities, which are gas, water and electricity providers
Insurance offered by companies other than American Express
Telecommunications providers, which includes goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and internet service providers
Government bodies including the Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, federal/state and local government bodies
Exceptional travel benefits
- Take off with a complimentary Qantas domestic Economy return flight between selected Australian capital cities^ every anniversary year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services in Australia that year~
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance† when you pay for eligible travel with your Card
0.99% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 6 months#
A one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies to any balances transferred. Offer ends 19 October 2015.
With all the above benefits, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card comes with an annual fee of $450.
Cards are offered, issued, and administered by American Express Australia Limited. Credit provided by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085), Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company. Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia and earn a minimum income of $65,000 per annum to apply for the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card. American Express income and credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information, including fees, charges and interest rates are correct as at 1 October 2015 and are subject to change.
* You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms. Points and bonus points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions, and exclusions apply. The 50,000 Qantas Points offer is only available to new American Express Card Members who apply online by 2 February 2016, are approved and make the required eligible Card spend(s). Card members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 12 month period are ineligible for this offer. Points are awarded as follows:
- 42,500 Qantas Points after you spend $500 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of becoming a Card Member;
- 5,000 Qantas Points after your first eligible purchase with the new Card;
- an additional 2,500 Qantas Points will be awarded after the first Card spend on purchases of selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
Maximum number of points available under this offer is 50,000 Qantas Points. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after you have made the eligible spend for the points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
Ω Supplementary Card Members must be 18 years of age or older. You will be liable for all spending on Supplementary Cards.
~ Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. directly from Qantas and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays and Qantas branded non-airfare products. Subject to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here.
† Qantas American Express Ultimate Credit Card Insurances are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms and conditions and exclusions contained in the Qantas American Express Card Insurances policy of insurance between American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313) (American Express) and ACE. This site does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions available here and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
± Spending at the restaurants, airlines and accommodation, major cruise and tour operators categories will only be eligible for the higher Qantas Points earn rate if the merchants are categorised in the eligible merchant codes. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorised based on what they primarily sell. For example, spend on dining within a retail department store, hotel, pub and liquor outlet may not be eligible for the additional points for restaurants. Qantas Points are awarded on the Australian-dollar billed amount of the spend in foreign currency. Except for spend at merchants where you earn 3, 2 or 0.5 points per $1 spent, you earn 1 point for every $1 spent including if the purchase is made with someone other than the provider of the goods or service, for example through a third party such as a travel aggregator.
‡ Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies – these do not earn Qantas points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions. Please click here for details.
^ The Qantas domestic return flight in Economy class between selected Australian capital cities is available for booking by Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Members. All flights are subject to availability and neither American Express nor Qantas guarantee that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage available at qantas.com. No Qantas Points will be awarded for travel on these flights. Subject to Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Insurances and Domestic Return Flight Conditions available here.
# Balance transfers are only available to new applicants who apply online or by phone by 19 October 2015 and are approved. A one off 1% credit plan establishment fee applies. The maximum balance transfer that you can be approved for is $10,000 or 70% of your approved credit limit whichever is less. This offer is avafilable to new customers. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 60 day period are ineligible for this offer. Balances may not be transferred from another American Express Credit Card or American Express Business Credit card. The balance transferred will be eligible for the promotional interest rate for a six-month period from approval, at which point any remaining balance transfer balance will revert to the standard rate of interest at that time. The credit plan establishment fee attracts the standard rate of interest. Interest free days do not apply if you do not pay your Closing Balance (which includes any outstanding balance transfers, cash advances, purchases and fees) in full by the due date each month. Click here for full Balance Transfer terms and conditions.