Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is the Optus and Qantas Frequent Flyer partnership ending?
The partnership will end on 30 June 2015. Members will be able to earn Qantas Points with Optus on payments for eligible spend made until 30 June 2015.
2. What happens until the partnership ends?
You will continue to earn points with Optus as you currently do on payments right up until and including 30 June 2015.
3. How do I contact Optus should I wish to talk to them?
Details about the changes are available here, otherwise you can chat with an Optus customer care representative via webchat or you can call the Optus customer care team on 1300 720 084.
4. If I have been earning with Optus do I need to contact them about the changes?
No, there is no need for you to contact Optus unless you have additional questions.
5. Will the Qantas Points I earn with Optus still be available for use after 30 June 2015?
Yes, the Qantas Points you earn via Optus will remain in your Qantas Frequent Flyer account for ongoing use in accordance with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions.
6. How do I check the number of Qantas Points I have earned via Optus, or use my points?
The best way for you to check your Qantas Points balance is by logging into your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
Your Qantas Points earn will be displayed on your Optus "My Account" only until 30 June 2015 at optus.com.au/points. After that, your Qantas Points will no longer be displayed in your Optus online account.
7. Will Qantas Points be earned for payments made to Optus after 30 June 2015 for account activity before that date?
No, you will receive points for payments made up to and including the 30 June 2015 only. You can prepay upcoming bills on or before 30 June 2015 and you will earn Qantas Points as you usually would. You can contact Optus for further information about making payments.
8. Can new Optus customers still register for Qantas Points?
Optus customers, who are Frequent Flyer members, can register to earn Qantas Points through Optus right up to 28 May 2015. You will then earn Qantas Points for payments made up to and including 30 June 2015.
* You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and an Optus Rewards member and have linked your Optus Rewards membership to your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership to earn points. Terms and conditions apply to both memberships, visit qantas.com/terms and optus.com.au/points, respectively for details. Points are only earned on payments made for eligible Optus services through an Optus account which has been attached to your Optus Rewards membership and only on payments made after accounts are added. To earn points on eligible Optus Small and Medium Business ('SMB') products they must be paid for through an Optus SMB account, which is linked to your Optus Rewards account (or, if the customer account is in the name of a business, the Optus Rewards account of an individual nominated by the customer) which in turn has been linked to the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership of the Optus Rewards account holder. Some extra rules apply to earning points through SMB products, so visit optus.com.au/points for all the details. Your points will usually be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 30 days of when your Optus account payment is processed. Points are not available on late, dishonour or bill payment fees. For all the terms and conditions, visit optus.com.au/points for details.