Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award Flights
Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards allow you to use your Qantas Points to book any available seat on a Qantas or Jetstar flight.
Any Seat Awards provides choice and flexibility, so you can choose the flight that suits your preferred travel times.
|Any Seat Award Flight Features|
|What can be booked?||Any available seat on:
Plus you can combine a Qantas fare with selected flights on 43 partner airlines.~
|Who can I book for?||You can redeem for yourself or any eligible family member|
|Will I earn Qantas points and Status credits?||Yes, on eligible flights^|
|Can I combine different airlines in my Any Seat Award booking ?||Yes, you can combine your Qantas or Jetstar flight with a range of flights on other selected partner (as offered by Qantas from time to time)#|
|How many points are required?||This is variable* and will be quoted at the time of booking|
|Does the points redemption amount include taxes, fees and carrier charges?||Yes|
|Can Points Plus Pay be used?||Yes, if you don’t have enough points, you can use Points Plus Pay on all flights, but minimum points levels apply.^^|
|Can I request a Flight Upgrade Award?||Yes, you can use points to request a Flight Upgrade Award on eligible Any Seat Awards on Qantas domestic and international routes, subject to terms and conditions.+
Tip: To see how many points are required for a Flight Upgrade Award use our Upgrade with points calculator.
|What are the booking and fare conditions?||Any Seat Award conditions are available at the time of booking. We recommend that you review the applicable fare conditions at the time of booking, as these may vary. You can check the conditions of your booking at Your Bookings.|
|Can I request a refund or credit voucher?||Refunds are only available if the fare conditions (provided at the time of booking) state the booking is refundable. Terms and conditions apply.
If a fare is non-refundable, you may be able to obtain a credit voucher to the commercial value of the Any Seat Award flight booked, which can be used for Qantas flights within 12 months of the original booking creation date (subject to the original fare conditions). This does not apply to Any Seat Award bookings on Jetstar flights.
|Can I change my booking?||You can change your Any Seat Award booking online here. This can only be done in accordance with the fare conditions (provided to you at the time of booking) which also set out applicable change and service fees which must be paid in money.|
|Are there other Award flight options?||Yes, there is a second type of Award flight you can also book which is called a ‘Qantas & Partner Classic Award’. The number of points required for Qantas & Partner Classic AwardΩ and Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards for the same itinerary may be different. Find out more.|
How to Book an Any Seat Award Flight
- You can book up to 24 hours before scheduled departure (though some locations and fares require earlier advance booking), unless you are booking on qantas.com where you can book up to 2 hours before departure for domestic flights or up to 4 hours before departure for international flights.
- There are two ways to book an Any Seat Award flight:
- Log in at qantas.com**, select your destination and travel dates, then select 'Search Flight'. On the 'Select' page check the 'View fares in Points' box above the flight options and select an available Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ) seat.# Once you have confirmed your preferred eligible Qantas or Jetstar seats, select the 'Use Points Plus Pay'^^ button and change the mix of Qantas Points and cash to your liking. Minimum points levels apply which are subject to change.
- From 26 June 2013 Any Seat Award bookings made on Qantas marketed and operated flights in reservation classes X, Z, U or P cannot be made online at qantas.com. To make an Any Seat Award booking in these classes please call 1300 366 587 (dial in +61 2 8222 2430 from outside Australia). In most cases the points required for Any Seat Awards booked in these classes are higher than those required for a Classic Award in the same class of travel on the same flight.
Any Seat Award Fees
- For a list of all Any Seat Award service fees, see the Fee Schedule in the program Terms and Conditions.
~ Any Seat Awards are available on any flight with a QF or JQ flight number. As long as there is a seat available for sale, you can book a Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award. The points required for an Any Seat Award includes taxes, fees and carrier charges (except any local airport fees or charges collected at the time of check-in) are subject to change and are quoted at the time of booking. Qantas Points may not be earned on some fare types or on oneworld® alliance or airline partner flights. See the Airline Earning Table for eligible flights and earning classes. See more information and full terms and conditions.
# A limited number of seats on selected partner airlines (as offered by Qantas at the time of booking) may be combined with your Qantas or Jetstar flights in a Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award. Partner airline flights which may be combined with Jetstar flights in an Any Seat Award are more limited than those which may be combined with Qantas flights. Jetstar partner airlines currently include Jetstar Asia (3K), Valuair (VF), Jetstar Pacific (BL) and Jetstar Japan (GK).
^ Qantas Points may not be earned on some fare types or on some oneworld® alliance or airline partner flights. The total points you earn depends on how far you travel, your cabin class and your membership status. See the Airline Earning Table for eligible flights and earning classes.
* The points required to redeem an Any Seat Award change with demand and can differ between bookings, even for the same itinerary. The points quoted in the Any Seat Award booking processes are only valid when quoted at the time of booking. If you delay your booking or do not proceed to make your booking at that time, the points quoted may change. There is no fixed relationship between the price charged by the applicable airline for a seat and the number of points required to redeem an Any Seat Award.
^^ Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of points you redeem above a specified minimum level and pay for the remainder of the fare with an approved payment card (including VISA, MasterCard or American Express) to obtain your Award. The minimum number of points required starts from 5,000 points per booking and is subject to change.
± Flight upgrades are subject to capacity controls and availability (which is limited). Flight upgrades are not available on Classic Awards or international airfares booked in E, N, O, Q or X class (such classes may include Any Seat Awards and international Red e-Deal fares).
Ω Classic Award seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited, particularly around peak times such as school and public holidays. Some flights may not have any Classic Award seats available. The ability to redeem taxes, fees and carrier charges with Qantas Points for travel entirely within Australia and selected international flights (commencing in Australia) is only available when booking at qantas.com and ‘Search Qantas & Partner Classic Awards' is not selected. For domestic New Zealand Classic Awards, the ability to redeem taxes, fees and carrier charges with Qantas Points is only available on qantas.com when ‘Search Qantas & Partner Classic Awards' is selected before searching for flights. Classic Award seats must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply), unless you are booking on qantas.com where you can book up to 2 hours before departure for domestic flights or up to 4 hours before departure for international flights. Applicable pricing will be displayed during the booking process on qantas.com. To find out more about Classic Awards, visit qantas.com/classicawards.
** When booking your Any Seat Award in this way through qantas.com (or jetstar.com), other Award Flights (including Classic Award flights and other Any Seat Award flights) may be available for your selected itinerary. Points required for other Award Flights for your itinerary may be different and may be lower than the points required for the Any Seat Award provided. The points quote provided for the selected Any Seat Award is for the flights you have selected only. Qantas has not searched for other available Award Flight seats or for the lowest points quote. The booking service for Any Seat Awards on Jetstar flights is provided by Jetstar Airways Pty Limited (ABN 33 069 720 243), Travel agent licence no. VIC 32696.
≠ Bookings made or completed with the help of a consultant attract a 6,000-point fee per person (including children and infants occupying a seat) per booking for international bookings. The fee is 3,500-point fee for all other flights. If booking through Qantas Contact Centres in Australia or New Zealand the fee may be paid with cash. This non-refundable fee applies only when making the initial booking. See the terms and conditions for details.